Pre-Season The 2021 Season...

I've heard that a lot of fans have complained that the pit lane exit isn't clever enough so organisers intend to add "The Hot Wheels loop". This will see cars exit the pits, drop down a narrow pit lane exit road, curve under the track and then increase speed into a 360 up and over loop before rejoining the track at the inside of turn 2.

couple pictures ive found about the re structuring, the bottom ive gotten rid of the 2020 track to have clearer view of the proposed track

temp 1.png
abu.png

This bit in the article makes me chuckle:

The chicane before the hairpin tends to spread the cars out and makes it hard for battles to take place in to or out of the hairpin.

Yet this is the very opposite of what they expect to happen before the final corner in Spain when they stuck a chicane in there.

Barcelona:

The 2007 season saw the first of the two final sweepers replaced with a slow chicane in an effort to improve overtaking.

This bit in the article makes me chuckle:

Yet this is the very opposite of what they expect to happen before the final corner in Spain when they stuck a chicane in there.

Barcelona:
its brilliant, isnt it but it sums F1 in the last 15 years. headless chickens come to mind

Basically they have realised the long straights dont work because the section of the hairpin does not allow the cars to close up on the back straight

Is it just me, or have Yas Marina put the banked corner in the wrong place - surely the banked corner should run into the long straight, rather than being at the end of the long straight?

As far as I can see, we're going to end up with long DRS zone into a (potentially very) fast banked corner - drivers will have to touch the brakes, but there won't be much of an outbraking opportunity at the end of that straight.

The banking could help cars follow each other into the final section of the lap, but the main overtaking opportunity will be at the sharp right-hander before the hotel.

If you were to run the circuit clockwise, rather than anti-clockwise, the design of the circuit then begins to make a lot more sense!

Last edited:
The run off areas are a waste of tarmac. I preferred they had gravel so at least slow the car down rather than have an escape road

im dreading the sprint race, on saturday there going to be extra scrutiny & extra eyes on the race because of the novelty, people will be interested to see how it plays out & in uk its only race live on free to air tv

im expecting it to be a big disapointment

Back
Top Bottom