Pre-Season The 2021 Season...

The first thing that comes into my head is what if someone totals their car in the Saturday sprint race? If they're all going balls out then this seems likely. If it's severe then surely they wouldn't have time to fix the car for Sunday? I also don't see how that would help the teams with costs. On the plus side Mazepin probably won't make it to the main race.

I'm not hugely against it but given the difficulty they have in getting past each other I can't see it making too much difference to the sharp end.

At the last GP, after around 10 laps, Max was already 10 seconds down the road and was never caught.

As Geth has said perfectly, it will give us something different to be disappointed about.

it cant be worse than the last time we messed with qualifying. we still have knockout qualifying, & nobody trying to qualify on the harder tyres. i do like this rule. as it will make for better stategy in the race instead of everyone doing the same

The tyre rules will change for this session, with only soft tyres permitted. As a result, teams and drivers will be free to start Sunday’s race on any compound, rather than having to run the tyre they qualify on in Q2.

although tough to get my head around the tyre rules, as these 2 choices of tyres in sprint race is that like F2. so could we have some on medium, some on a soft

I don't mind them trying something different, and anything that gives the poor schmucks who buy F1 tickets for Friday or Saturday something to watch is good, but I can imagine the "sprint" race being a cautious affair.

i do like this rule. as it will make for better stategy in the race instead of everyone doing the same

I would have thought it makes it more likely that they'll all do the same on tyre strategy on Sunday, rather than less, unless a quick car starts well below it's proper position?

this news i believe leaves only bahrain outer, because bar mugello i think thats all the 2020 replacements back for 2021, & the 7th November might be pushing for temperature, because i might be wrong & 5 months is a long time in a pandemic, but i just dont see why you would risk it, you could fill silverstone to capacity for a full grand prix weekend with just the cases from the last week

its great to be back at turkey & they get a 2nd bite at the cherry to see what the car is capable of. it wont be like an ice rink this time

Last edited:
I would have thought it makes it more likely that they'll all do the same on tyre strategy on Sunday, rather than less, unless a quick car starts well below it's proper position?

well know all cars contending for a win, normally are all on the same tyres because they all go on the medium. but now they can have strategy tailed to the position. like perez might go on a hard instead of a medium then stretch it for soft. instead of medium > hard

just realised with Turkish GP replacing Canada. that could be a nightmare for F1 & fans of both. as if starts at 3pm local time it would put it on a collision course with England opening group game v Croatia at Euro 2020(21).

that would be a severe hit on the viewing figures in the uk, as i think 14m watched opening game of world cup & when england played sunday afternoon it had 80% of tv share

well know all cars contending for a win, normally are all on the same tyres because they all go on the medium. but now they can have strategy tailed to the position. like perez might go on a hard instead of a medium then stretch it for soft. instead of medium > hard
Maybe, I suppose I was thinking since they all use the same tyres their simulations probably all give them the same optimum strategy, give or take a lap or two. Will be interesting to find out.

news coming out Turkey is likely off due to fact to all media people appartanly the F1 teams are only ones exempt. would have to self isolate in a hotel not at home. which off course would effect French GP. as you would enter quarantine from the 14th - 24th june & the morning you can leave is FP1 in France

so all sorts of talks. no GP, moving the date to 21st & have "french" GP on different configuration or the return of the styrian GP

But season has intrigue

Back
Top Bottom