Formula 2 The 2013 season

Wow good stuff Galahad. surprised to see Canamasas up there. The guy is a loon though!

I'm not sure about performace being accident effected though coz I think the ones with more skill tend to avoid it more often than not. Nasr and Colleti seem to be able to find a way through all the time.

Impressive win from Sam Bird. I think coming back to GP2 was a wise move and wins like that at Monaco in front of the watching F1 world have got to help him land that F1 drive he's after.

Impressed with Mitch Evans again. Certainly one to watch. Ashame Frinjs drew a double blank this weekend as was hoping he have a charge at the title but that looks unlikely now. As for Colleti, he is impressing me more than he did but he seems to only pick up his wins in the sprint races which mean less to me than the feature race. I have a soft spot for Nasr coz I thimk he has a clever racing brain. Think he might sneek it.

Second time in a row Quaiffe-Hobbs has looked like a front runner in GP2 so maybe he's not just a posho with money.

Maybe they should have F1 and GP2 switch Friday sessions when it's raining. Cause the GP2 boys will go out no matter what, and they'll just end up clearing the circuit for the F1 cars.

I'm only half kidding.

Championship leader Coletti gets taken out by Fabio Leimer on the last lap. Stefano had been defending from Tom Dillman for several laps and made a mistake in Club on the penultimate lap, allowing Tom through and Leimer in position to dive inside him in the Loop. The incident is under investigation.

Bird makes huge gains on Coletti and Nasr who DNF'd as well.

Wow! brilliant battle between Dillman and Colleti and some great racing by both of them but spoilled by a silly move from Leimer after Dillman finally dispatched him. Felt a bit sorry for Colleti.

Sam Bird walked that one though and is now fully in the championship battle.

A word for Jon Lancaster who had a brilliant race to move up from 17th to 4th and may have even got 4th at the end if some idiot called De Jong hadn't tried to unlap himself.

Felt a bit sorry for Mitch Evans who would have been on the podium but for a stop go for speeding in the pitlane.

A word for Jon Lancaster and a brilliant win in the sprint race at Silverstone. A very under funded British driver who is impressing me a lot and is making his very highly rated team mate Frinjs look a bit silly.

In GP2 news some of you will be glad to hear (I'm looking at you Brogan) that James Caledo has parted company with Eric Boullier as a manager so the path to taking Grosjeans seat in F1 seems to be closed for him. His new manager is Nicholas Todt though.....

So GP2 fans it looks to be between Colleti, Nasr and Sam Bird. Who do we thinks going to get the title?

Another poor start in the GP2 feature race at Germany, with a car barrel rolling down the main straight.

Interesting race in the old GP2. Erickson finally used some of that pace he's been showing. Fat lot of good its going to do him for the championship though.

Robin Frinjs 'take no prisoner' rep goes on. Cast in a Schumacher mould that one.

We do talk wacky races in GP2 and some of them are Loco but interestingly the guy leading the championship, Colleti, who I didn't rate much to start with has shown consistantly that he knows how to race safely. Had some great duels in the last few races and seems to understand the importance of leaving other drivers room to get round corners and make moves! Other than Nasr and Dillman I'm not sure I'd 100% trust the rest of the field on that one!

Really good GP2 race this afternoon with some good racing.

Nasr and Colleti have completely fallen off the pace and all of a sudden its between Leimer and Bird with 3 sprint races and 2 features left. Bird and Leimer ran each other pretty close today.

You have to wonder if Bird does get the GP2 title, given his Merc connections, whether he'll be knocking on Force India's door for an F1 drive especially with Sutil seemingly falling out of favour.

I do wonder if the fact I'm an avid watcher of the GP2 and GP3 races gives me my fix of action so I'm not that dissapointed with the F1.

So we have to wait until November but it turns out the GP2 showdown will be between Sam Bird and Fabio Leimer.

I think Bird deserves it over all. Whether either will land an F1 drive off the back of it I don't know.

GP2 just continues to surprise.

We all must have thought Coletti was going to win the championship after Monaco, but he's only scored once in 12 races since then.

It would have been good if Marcus Eriksson didn't have the early season troubles, as he's looked good throughout the season, but was plagued by bad luck.

Nasr is lacking the killer instinct.

Back
Top Bottom