Votes: 7 18.4%

Votes: 10 26.3%

Votes: 7 18.4%

Votes: 5 13.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
Come on own up who was the other person who gave it 10?
Not me this time. It was really dull, saved by DRS (there might not have been a single overtake without). Just a six from me. As The Pits said, meh.

Agree on the Massa overtake. One by Hulk too where he split two cars. Better than 2010.

Webber should have done better. If he can't even give Vettel a race from pole, then sorry mate. Not good enough. Time for someone else to have a go. Wish it were Alonso...

I don't claim to be the arbiter of F1 but to claim every F1 race is perfect as you do by your scoring, and could not be bettered, is just plain odd. Sorry.

Last edited:
They just love F1, nothing odd about that...

You're right - I'm being a dick an apologise to gethinceri! The OCD part of me is taking these ratings far too seriously - I find myself mentally adding or subtracting my rating throughout the race based on each incident. This isn't healthy. Or maybe it's a sign that my mind is too distracted by the lack of action on the track lately.

It's all relative rufus_mcdufus. Every race, even Indy 2005 is a ten compared to other things I could be doing on a Sunday. Hoovering the house, washing the car, helping the kids with their homework... Much rather watch a boring race!

Edit: just seen your follow up. Good reply!

I do enjoy the five-car battles for 12th place, sometimes; but it is now consistently the only battle out there.

The way I see it, it's like being dragged off to Tesco (other equally shitty places exist in December) to do Christmas shopping and:
a) spending 59 minutes and 55 seconds choosing, inspecting, individually weighing and counting every sprout, potato, carrot, etc - all done in what could be slow motion to be sure you get all the best pieces.:rolleyes:

b) spending 5 seconds grabbing the first Vettel turkey out of the freezer because (you're told), despite it being the centre piece of the meal, it is going to taste the same as it always does so it doesn't matter which one you decide to pick.:thinking:

c) spending 30 minutes in the check-out queue because (you're told) it's Christmas Eve, and what else have you got to do!:crazy:

So, a 4 for me - was going to be a 3 until Alonso's late pit exit and near collision with young Jules Vergne, which brought forth a muttered "**** that was close; bet one of them gets a drive-through for that" while I momentarily lifted my my head, before returning it to the normal resting position. :shocked:

Unfortunately, that was a bit like (back to the Xmas analogy here) deciding that the last roast potato on you plate is too big to eat whole, and when you cut into it you find a perfectly cooked maggot (**** that was close; how did that get through the inspection process?) so you can leave the potato, as you didn't really want it anyway ..... but you've still got that last slice of dry, tasteless, overcooked Vettel turkey to chew through for 20 minutes before you can escape the table.:bored:

Last edited:
Surely for that analogy to work a) and b) would be the other way round, considering Herr Vettel has won the race by the first lap! :)

Just watched this race today :).

Have been massively busy but I gave it a seven.

I said to myself forget the 1 fingered German and looked at the race on a whole.

Some great battles thought Massa had a superb race and Ferrari really should have kept him out longer before he stopped to cover the Hulk, Ham and Sutil fight.

Paul was good as well, i'm hoping these performances aren't coming too late for him to get a drive next season.

Maybe if they held it on a proper racing circuit it might rate higher. The troubles with Abu Dhabi is the second half of the track was drawn using parallel rulers, the run-offs are ridiculous, there is so much concrete/tarmac around that they shouldn't bother with lines showing the edges of the circuit, they should just let the drivers go where they want, it's surrounded by desert and it would be far better suited to camel racing.

I don't like it.>:(

Blog Zbod I wasn't aware F1Fanatic did that, will be interesting to compare the two sets of results at the end of the year! At a first glance they look reasonably similar.

Now on to the results:

ABU DHABI RESULTS
No. Votes: 38

CTA Race of the Year
Score (Mean): 5.2
Tiebreak 1 (Median): 5
Tiebreak 2 (Mode): 5

CTA Most Disputed Race
Score (Avg. Dev. on Median): 1.5
Tiebreak (Std. Dev. on Mean): 2.1

CTA Race of the Year Thread

Back