That Seat At McLaren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Boddy I fisagree with your assesment because while it's true Schumacher is still probably the biggest name in the sport from a marketing point of view, it's his international appeal that Mercedes primarily value, NOT the german market, which is the last thing Mercedes are concerned about. They will always sell cars in Germany and they certainly don't need F1 to do that.
From an international point of view the name of Hamilton would be just as appealing marketing-wise.

Why would a one time (or possibly two by the end of the season) WDC be as appealing to the worldwide market as a seven times WDC?

Because future wins and titles do matter just a little bit in terms of worldwide profile?... :) And in terms of their respective age and current form, who is most likely to deliver them, Schu or Ham?

I know who has them, so do Mercedes. They have a history of dipping in to various series, getting the publicity they want and then getting out. With the way things are at the moment I would not be at all surprised to see them sell up in one way or another and get out.

Valtteri Bottas (born 28 August 1989 in Nastola, Finland) is a Finnish racing driver. He currently resides in Oxford, United Kingdom.

....and he should have been in the race seat this bloomin season! fricking Bruno Senna!

Paul Di Resta is the only front runner for Hamilton's seat should Hamilton quit Mclaren come the end of the season. Mclaren have worked with Di Resta for years and know that he wouldn't come in and upset the apple cart so to say. Also Button and Di Resta get on really well, it's a win-win situation, Jenson is a world champion who is quite capable of winning another one, di Resta is a young un who is a future World Champion in the making. I'm afraid this seat should Hamilton not be in it next year has Di Resta's name written all over it :).

I think you're right about Di Resta being the front runner but I'd describe him as the next David Coulthard which I guess is insult and compliment all roled into one

teabagyokel

Ideally i'm hoping that both Paul and Nico stay at Force India - i just think Both could do with another year with Force India just to iron out a few things and become consistant. I know that will never happen as one of them is bound to leave at the end of the year, but i think Di Resta will be the one more likely. Mercedes will surely want to get Sam Bird into a Force India seat next season.

If you take out the Hungarian GP and the Singapore GP Timo's results over his career have been pretty average and I don't think he'd do better than Kovi did in 08 and 09.

Someone like Kobi who has shown he can consistantly score points and might just have it in him to go the extra step would be ideal.

Not that it matters as it looks like Lewis will sign and if he doesn't they're bound to be boring and sign up Paul "David Coulthard The Next Generation" Di Resta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom