That Seat At McLaren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing how Perez goes next year in a car he's expected to do well in. Whole different ball game to being the small fry trying the different tactic. I think he needs to find some consistancy but no doubt the boy has talent.

I think Ron and Martin will be taking him to the hairdresses and buying him a Gym memebership though.

Thrilled that Perez got the seat. I think he has shown great potential, and this will allow him to show all of his talent.
I still think Hamilton has made a mistake. As I said in an earlier post, to me Merc has shown no signs of being able to challenge for wins on anything like a regular basis.Lewis may find himself rather frustrated next year.

IMO he has been frustrated for the last few years...especially this one......
Maybe he will get more satisfaction from getting what he can out of a car......than doing that & getting let down by his team?

Clutch/launch issue, underfueling when he put car on pole (McL150th) even though with an extra 5L he would still have had pole, pit stops/jack issue/tyre in his path etc etc...
..I am also disappointed that LH is leaving Macca...never thought he would...

Eddie Jordan was briefed to say what he did snowy.

I'll see if I can find the article which states that.
Bernie I would suspect knows all there is to know about these things hence the premature announcement of Schui's second retirement recently. Eddie is one of Bernie’s cronies so I suspect this is the source of the tale.

So it's no longer hypothetical then Teabag? :D

Only time will tell whether this is a mistake by Hamilton or not. He and Rosberg are close friends and Mercedes do have one of the geniuses in the guise of Ross Brawn in their team. They have fulfilled their ambition of winning a race this year so perhaps they are 'doing a BMW' and sacrificed a possible title challenge to concentrate on next year (although look how that turned out for BMW :rolleyes:).

It is a major coup for Merc but Mclaren haven't hung about have they? Perez is going to be world champion sooner or later and this a great signing for them. The fact that both he and Button have similar smooth driving styles as well being very kind on the tyres will allow Mclaren to focus entirely on certain aspects of development. Unlike the Hamilton and Button partnership, they do not have to accommodate two entirely different styles for next year's car.

Maybe he will get more satisfaction from getting what he can out of a car......than doing that & getting let down by his team?

Clutch/launch issue, underfueling when he put car on pole (McL150th) even though with an extra 5L he would still have had pole, pit stops/jack issue/tyre in his path etc etc...

Unless he inherits Schumacher’s mechanical reliability too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom