That Seat At McLaren

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so under the assumption (A massive assumption, I know), that Hamilton goes to Mercedes, then there is one driver who would be perfect to replace him... Michael Schumacher...

If Hamilton goes to Mercedes, then Schumacher will be unemployed, but Mercedes may be willing to sweeten the deal for McLaren so that they aren't forced to be the team who force Schumacher to retire... - Maybe free engines for another year? - Also Schumacher does have history with McLaren, as Ron Dennis tried to sign him for 1994!

The Artist.....

Ron Dennis tried to sign Schumacher because of pressure from Mercedes and Marlboro but they were outbidded by Ferrari in the end

Also later on Ron Dennis said he would sign Schumacher because it would change the way Mclaren operate from supposedly equal status for both drivers...well certainly when it came to racing on the track

---------------

I read on the BBC Lewis' management XIX entertainment would get a healthy slice of Lewis' earnings at Mercedes if he does which they deny:thinking::crazy:...

I feel Hamilton will stay at Mclaren unless he is after more money... it is interesting to note the Mercedes team has gone a few disasters

BAR -

Honda and Mercedes and its only time where it was competitive was when the team was a close unit without corporate pressures involved
------------------

... ...and a number of publications (including the Telegraph) are now reporting on Lewis's replacement at McLaren: Sergio Perez.

Has it actually been confirmed then. have I got yet another prediction wrong? We all talked about it but I seriously didn't think it would happen!

... but it's on the BBC and Telegraph websites, so it looks like a done deal.
Merc are apparently waiting for their board to sign off the new Concorde Agreement, which should happen today, before making the official announcement.

Good old EJ, got it right again.;)

I think sauber will need Mexican sponsorship and bring in Gutirrez. so not unles Kobi goes.

Apparently Lewis is unequivalant number one at Merc. Imagine that convo with Nico Rosberg

"Nico. you know how since China your driving has been....shall we say number ? well now you are one. King Lewis is coming"

He doesn't stand a chance bless him. Even if he beats Lewis people on the internet will prove he hasn't somehow.

Still bet he's not as gutted as Paul Di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg. Another season at Force India boys?

Sergio Perez the big winner in this. I've been very impress with him for sometime so this isn't too much of a big surprise for me. But i do feel gutted for Di Resta he's put so much hard work into making results happen for FI this season :(.

But quite frankly i'm delighted that the saga has come to an end and we can focus on the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom