That Seat At McLaren

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all say unless the cars is set up perfectly Button is merely good, but if the set up is spot on then he is untouchable. And we have seen this several times, mostly in 2009 of course and more recently at Spa 2012.

This is supposedly what made Barrichello a perfect team mate for him, excellent at set up but not fast enough to beat him in it.

We could possibly see McLaren get a driver just to set the car up perfectly for Button to repeat 2009, and who better than Barrichello for that?

Possibly Glock and Kovalainen but what makes Force-India a slower car this year? Was Sutil getting good at the set ups and now they are missing that? They could get him for set up and he is a fast driver so he would help with the WCC while button hunted down the WDC.

Perhaps Algeusari with all his Pirelli testing or even Sebatian Bourdais.

well the rumours are hotting up that Perez has jumped to the front of the queue...

Off course being backed by the world's richest man Carlos Slim might also make business sense for Mclaren

I think Perez would complement Button in fact I see some of his races are like Button where he does not appear as fast at the start but is very strong at the end and also seems to look after the tyres well as well

I know I said Bruno Senna for Mclaren but surely the line Senna in a Mclaren is too good an opportunity for Mclaren to pass...all they need is a Honda engine ...

his previous two teams have done the same tactic

Senna in a black Lotus Renault
Senna in a Williams Renault

so Senna in a Mclaren is the only thing left

They all say unless the cars is set up perfectly Button is merely good, but if the set up is spot on then he is untouchable. And we have seen this several times, mostly in 2009 of course and more recently at Spa 2012.
That's funny as he first showed promise in his first season and then in 2004, if it wasn't for those bullet proof red cars and BAR picking up a ban, he would have been there or thereabouts.

De La Rosa would maybe be ok as a development driver (as he has tested for McLaren in the past) but as a driver to take the team forward? No chance. McLaren, more than any other team I can think of, have always liked two strong drivers. That hasn't always played out well in the past (or now if rumours are to be believed) however it's always brought strong results and made headlines. With that in mind, there is no way De La Rosa would fit the bill.

Pedro is a solid driver but Mclaren need two front runners not journeymen drivers

Anyone championing Heikki to return back to Mclaren it seems like his time at Caterham has earned praise

What's Heikki done that's so impressive as to warrant a seat at one of the best teams? Taking into account he already had a chance their and got squashed...

Mclaren have money, it's talent that's leaving in this thread's posed reality, so Senna's a no along with Pastor if he carries on with his antics.

I think Grosjean and Raikkonen are happy where they are. Keep in mind who Romain's manager is.

The Dog or Di Resta wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact the only thing that stands in their way is the point about Button's company managing Di Resta or something like that...

Perez, talent wise, would surely be the best bet.

The biggest cheer during the weekend at Hockenheim was when Schumacher posted the then quickest time in Q3. He also got the other nine of the top ten cheers. We have been told around three years ago that Haug had to argue with the Mercedes board to keep on with the commitment to F1 despite the expense and trading conditions.

Remove Schumacher and how long will it be before Mercedes go back to being no more that an engine supplier, or possibly, with the new engines coming up, withdraw completely. Hardly the best conditions for any non-German driver to want to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom