Movies Star Wars gets new films.

Having sat through the first 6 films and not seen a single battle between two stars, I have no reason to expect that to change in the 7th. Star wars? More like people whizzing around going zap zap zap wars. How do two giant balls of burning gas fight each other any way?

Saw it Thursday night in 2D, going to see it in IMAX 3D on Monday, and then again on Weds. I'm not weird, just been invited by 3 different groups of mates to each of their visits. It'd be rude not to frankly, seeing as Mr Abrams exceeded my expectations for banishing the vile travesty of Attack of the Clones to the dustbin of history. TFA made me feel 7yrs old again- I didn't believe that was possible, frankly!

Sorry, was a good film and all, but to be honest would have been better as a 1 hour (maybe 2 45 minutes) TV special as all it was was a repeat of an existing story line with setup for the next 2 films. No major plot pushes going on other than setup and some background on what was happened since episode VI.

If they had released this as a TV special it would have got everyone hyped for the new story lines, the new characters etc. Maybe a good 7 out of 10 as a film, just too long for the plot they had in there :(

I tend to agree with canis ; I left the cinema somewhat downbeat; the story was very re-hashed - and I understand the idea that if you have a successful idea that you should repeat it!

I suppose that I also didn't quite get the same sense of threat or menace from Kylo Ren, as you did from Darth Vader, and the less said about Gollum appearing in the film, the better!

******SPOILERS!!!!*****************

You're not suppose to get the same sense of threat from Kylo Ren as Darth Vader because Kylo Ren is not fully trained yet. His whole plot line was about him fully embracing the Dark Side. I'm guessing his journey to full on evil is probably one of the themes of the new trilogy.

As for re-hashing. It's kind of a common theme of Star Wars films that everything comes back round and happens again so I'm not sure that's a fair criticism. Two attacks on the Death Star, two father and son fights where someone loses an arm, the young rookie is spurred on the death of a mentor, escaping from a planet they are being hunted and cornered on, Had leaving but never quite, captured/tortured/escape. It's what makes Star Wars the thing it is. Surprised people expect different really.

Last edited:
Well it will be a long time before I get to see it. I don't even know where my nearest cinema is! So I shall probably know the entire plot pretty well when I do. It won't stop me enjoying it though.
:)

Ladies and Gentlemen, for your enjoyment, the Star Wars Christmas Special. This is the 15 minute "highlights", if you are sad enough you can find the full 98 minute version on YouTube. George Lucas wishes that this would disappear, given that he seems to be proud the 3 prequels it must be really crap.

I have watched this before and it is truly truly awful but funny all at the same time. It does see the first introduction of Boba Fett though.

Its never been commented on but I'm pretty sure its not cannon! ;)

Back
Top Bottom