Sky F1 2012

Having watched Sky F1 at home before I moved to uni and then on the BBC for the live race and then round mates (who has sky) for the other races, I think the commentary is fairly similar in that they are both very good partnerships and I enjoyed listening to both Croft/Brundle and Edwards/Coulthard, but Sky (unsurprisingly) do a far better job with the pre/post race shows and things like that

I've heard the opposite from that with BBC being better pre/post race, and I like both commentary partnerships, especially as Crofty (unconfirmed) read my tweet and let Martin Brundle do 'Look but never stare'! I only heard that a couple of hours after as I watched the race on BBC and was flicking through the Sky highlights.
And George the Poet is amazing!

I think the award is for all the F1 Broadcaster's around the world, rather than just 'British', but I don't know for sure.

2011: BBC Sport
2010: Formula One Management and Abu Dhabi Media Company
2009: Formula One Management
2008: Formula One Management
2006: Formula One Management
2005: RTL Television
2004: Formula One Management
From Wikipedia

How so?
Pit lane channel, team radio feeds, specific talk show every week etc. Also it was a bit of a foregone conclusion, considering the scale of the personnel; and the furore over the rights change.
Personally I prefer the BBC's coverage - the commentary and punditry is just better.

Back
Top Bottom