Sky F1 2012

I don't care about the before race crap that is on Sky but then I didn't care it about on the bbc either I just switch to the channel about quarter of an hour before the race (Unless something interesting has happened over night that I want to catch up on.) and I switch off about ten minutes after the race has finished unless the race was a sensation. After Monaco I switched off the moment Mark Webber crossed the line.

Anyway the fact of the matter is, if the bbc were still showing all the races live, then I wouldn't bother with Sky but they don't so I do, which one is better is completely irrelevant to me....

As I have Sky+ HD I record the Sky preamble and fast forward through it when it's just the bolloxy bits, you know the stuff, when the camera flicks to Georgie Thompson at the Skyfad or any time Christian (Paul Daniels) Horner is on for an interview. The skill comes when I have to decide when to start watching at the right time to watch the race live, I have to say that I've done a good job of the timing so far this season but, strangely, I no longer vomit in the 1/2 hour before a race as I used to before Sky were given the broadcast rights, another plus?
I also switch off within about 10 minutes of the chequered flag, but I continue recording just in case.

Only numerous collisions, Vettel going out while in the lead, Grosjean going out soon after, a bungling Mclaren pitstop, Maldonado and Hamilton crashing with each other at the end of the race and a home winner.
Apart from that, it was a snoozefest! Nothing happened!

But to be fair Charles Sale and the rest of the Daily Mail aren't very credible. But if Lazenby was acting like a bumbling buffoon, then he probably will be on borrowed time, coupled with that crass joke about Princess Grace and his useless presenting skills.

Classic GP's this week again, had the 1950 Silverstone GP and some others, great racing! They're like go-karts compared to todays cars! Also Silverstone form 2007-2011

Saw the advert today and it's ALL the Sky Sports channels! Shame the football season hasn't started but might watch a bit of the cricket if I'm really bored!

Love seeing the whole Sky F1 Team altogether just having a chin wag about F1 after the Brazil GP.
Brilliant TV all year picking up the slack after the Beeb let everyone down by dropping half the races. AND Sky have been even better than the bbc showing GP2 and GP3 as well as all the practices and all the driver and team principles press conferences. Award winning TV (?). Thanks Sky F1 HD. See you for the car launches, which you also did. :thumbsup:

I think the only thing it misses is the genuine friendship and banter between Jake, Eddie and DC, but now Jake is leaving the BBC might not even have that any more.

Back
Top Bottom