Sky F1 2012

It's not a Brundle of laughs, but neither was the BBC, it was just one lunatic that looked like an owl making a fool of himself.

Although this is very much a Sky vs BBC discussion, I watch the races on ESPN Starsport. While Sky has Martin and Damon and the BBC has David and Gary for expert insight, Starsport has, umm, Tim Harvey. He replaced Gary Anderson. In fairness, he and Steve Slater did a reasonable enough job. But I am with Brogan on this. I am just happy to get to see full live coverage.

I'm afraid the Dear Founder has it right on this one. They had the full race live.
Frankly, I could do without the attention seeking eejitry brought by EJ to the BBC, but it is impossible for highlights of a sporting event to he better than the same sporting event, especially with the same feed.

Probably doesn't have Sky HD/Sports and is taking it out on the wrong broadcaster.

If anything everyone should be railing at the BBC who forced this on us.

Georgie and Ant.png

I bet Ant can't believe his luck being paired with Georgie for the year. I'm guessing there is a rather uncomfortable wife watching at home, desperately looking for any signs of chemistry. She has no problem with the shorter gentleman either, having previously been with Dec. She might be looking to add Ant. :D

These are the races Damon Hill was meant to be covering
Australia, Bahrain, Monaco, Britain, Germany, Hungary, Belgium, India, USA and Brazil
But he's at Malaysia so he might just be doing all

And I can't believe my luck actually seeing Georgie every race! And I'm sure when Georgie asks if he's single Ant will reply yes!

I wasn't pleased originally when I saw Damon Hill was part of the team. Everything I had heard of him recently was him criticising something, but I have to admit, I was wrong. He's just a really good guy, who seems to be really enjoying his new role. He was also the first driver I ever supported. Lazenby on the other hand...

Anyone else having problems watching sky online on their website today ?
Just getting an error. Normally works fine.

Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 12.57.55.png

Good stuff from Sky on Perez' accident in Q1.

Brundle after watching several replays: there's definitely something wrong with the steering on the left-front. Up to the Skypad: Davidson says its definitely driver error. Down to Hill and Herbert: erm, we, er, we're not sure. Probably best to side with Martin. Yeah, maybe.

BBC this afternoon, I fancy.

Greenlantern101 By any chance have you updated Microsoft Silverlight recently? I had a similar problem last week but it seemed to sort itself out eventually.

One thing you can try is opening the Silverlight settings (right click in the video area -> Silverlight, or just type silverlight in to the Windows start menu search bar), and opening the "Application Storage" tab. Check that "Enable application storage" is ticked, and delete any entries relating to Sky in the list. Then restart your computer and see if it works again.

Yeah, that was a little bit juvenile. I noticed that when he apologised he did so "for comments made earlier", not indicating they were his comments. Amateur, I hope they dock his pay.

Back
Top Bottom