Sky F1 2012

Viewing figures for the Australian Grand Prix show Sky with an average of 874,000 watching the race live and peaking at 1.02m in the five minutes when Button crossed the finish line. Pre-race coverage, from 4.30-6.00am, drew an average audience of 267,000 and post-race coverage from 4.30-9.00am averaged 526,000.

The BBC highlights program from 2.00-4.00pm for the Australian GP had an average of 2.73m with a peak of 3.28m in the 5 minutes at Button's victory. Compared to the 2011 Australian GP when the BBC had the race live, the 2012 highlights program pulled in a peak audience of 100,000 more viewers.

Comparing BBC live coverage in 2011 for the Australian GP to Sky live coverage in 2012 we get a peak of 3.28m for BBC compared to a peak of 1.02m for Sky.

I reckon Sky will be quite pleased with that. If British drivers keep winning you will se up take rocket.

Sky will get more when the live TV is at a more reasonable time, BBC were helped by that their broadcast started in the afternoon, not very early in the morning

I don't like the Simon Lazenby dude, I see no point in Georgie Thomson, first of all, she does nothing, Davidson can do that job by himself, she's nothing special.

The commentray put me off the race, I have never liked David Croft's commentray, and the way Sky did F1, was kind of Indycar-ish.

I heard the BBC was even worse.
Agree, don't like Simon one bit, trying to be a Jake but needs a case to hold his ipad! Couldn't hold an ipad to jake! I see a point in Georgie Thompson, it's Ant's... But on an F1 note she is pretty pointless but she's good for the viewers! I was a massive fan of crofty in the practise sessions especially with Ant, I thought they worked well, as does him with Brundle when Martin remembers he's number 2! And the indycar coverage was much worse, I don't think they can be compared! Also the BBC coverage was much better, I fell asleep during the post race show, I only ever did that twice with BBC and that was when I woke up way too early due to the clocks!
Also the clocks go forward what time should I set my alarm to?

Commentary was fine but the rest of the coverage was pretty average. Damon hill doesn't cut it as a pundit, looks out of place, boring and says the things we already know and the presenter is just a Jake Humprey wannabe albeit nowhere near as good.

Dont know why the two women were even on air but i guess its Sky's policy to stick scantily dressed women on screen because of course it pulls in the viewers, Cheap distasteful tactic.

BBC F1 highlights were great in comparison. Commentary was surprisingly good, Post race analysis was short, half an hours worth of coverage but it was quality!

Sky's effort in analysing the race though was atrocious. Jake Humprey was brilliant at throwing thought provoking questions to brundle, Eddie Jordan and Coulthard but this Lazenby dude offered zero insight to the race, looked robotic and its as though he was reading off a script!

BBC 1 :1st:
Sky 0 :nah:

Feel free :D

I'm just not one of those who's too bothered about the surrounding fluff, as long as I can watch the race live, in full and uninterrupted.

I appreciate however that some people really like the "cheeky banter" on the BBC and the Red Bull brown-nose fest which is the F1 Forum. I expect it will be the McLaren brown-nose fest this year ;)

Mojo has got one thing right...unlike jos the boss, the BBC commentray I would say was better than sky's as for the full coverage I don't know, but I really wasn't into sky's yesterday, and I always found the BBCs one not great.

Mojo has got one thing right...unlike jos the boss, the BBC commentray I would say was better than sky's as for the full coverage I don't know, but I really wasn't into sky's yesterday, and I always found the BBCs one not great.
Emjoe actually, and I'm a big fan of the BBC commentary I just dont mind sky commentary which is just as good, if not slightly better!

Back
Top Bottom