Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Because it is not true now does not mean that it was not true a week ago.

I can say that about anything...

His words on the BBC F1 forum where

"I have nothing to say because everything he does, he pays for," said Massa when asked by AUTOSPORT if he plans to take up the issue with Whiting.
"The FIA is doing what is inside the regulations. If you cause an accident, or if you drive not in the right way, you are going to have a drive-through. And he had a drive-through. It's time enough for him to learn, to be honest."

I know it says "AUTOSPORT" but this is exactly what he said on the BBC F1 forum, and from there on the rumours started, as did the Massa and Maldonado bashing. Even though he didn't say anything about asking for a meeting.

It was reported that a meeting was called

Kova did not deny that a meeting was called, he said he wasn't going

After Smedleys radio message was broadcast, We now hear there was never to be a meeting

Massa would say that now though wouldn't he?

Would have been better if Massa had denied these rumours before the FOM released the edit

It was reported that a meeting was called

By an unreliable source and no other source reported it as official, and got the information from that particular false source, which the artilce seemed to me as "tongue in cheek"

Kova did not deny that a meeting was called, he said he wasn't going

He also said he was unaware of any meeting, and a driver is more likely to know there's a meeting before the media.

After Smedleys radio message was broadcast, We now hear there was never to be a meeting

Massa would say that now though wouldn't he?

It was told a while back that it was a "normal" drivers briefing.

Massa would say what? Your point here is unclear.

Would have been better if Massa had denied these rumours before the FOM released the edit

He was like Kovalainen and like all the drivers probably unaware of such a meeting and was probably wasn't asked about it until recently

Massa is obviously now the calm unemotional type that can be relied on to be consistent

After the race he makes a fool of himself by making a fuss over a racing incident, following the FOM broadcast almost 2 weeks later, only then does he decide that 'what happens on track should remain on track'

A UK paper and Autosport ran the meeting story, surely you are not suggesting that mainstream media outlets would make stories out of 'tongue n cheek' scurrilous rumors?

Saying that we cant trust the mainstream medias reportage is kinda like tin foil hat territory is it not?

LOL

I am impressed by how he has handled all this, especially his grace towards the team and Jenson. It would have been easy to blame and moan, he has risen even more in my estimation

“I’ve got an amazing job, so I can’t really complain, regardless of if people write shit about me, I just keep my head focussed on the main thing, which is trying to win races.”

lets enjoy him now do his talking on track

A UK paper and Autosport ran the meeting story, surely you are not suggesting that mainstream media outlets would make stories out of 'tongue n cheek' scurrilous rumors?

I'm not sure if this was tongue in cheek or not but consider:

A UK paper once ran a story that a bus was on the moon.
Autosport ran an article supporting the move to SKY from FTA TV. Rather oddly, Autosport had some other dealings to consider with SKY going on at the same time...

Back
Top Bottom