Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I meant to say this last week but wasn't around. I love how Hamilton and Vettel are together in the post race room before the podium. I Don't think either pretend to be each others bestest mate but they obviously have respect for each other and enjoy talking racing. Really shows how much they love driving and love racing. Plus the whole discussion about the seagulls post Canada was pretty funny.

It seems so natural next to the Rosberg PR banter.

Hamilton has started 17th or worse on 10 occasions, coming up to P3 five* times!

2009 Australia: 18th to 3rd (Disqualified)
2009 Monaco: 19th to 12th
2009 GBR: 18th to 16th
2009 Brazil: 17th to 3rd
2010 Malaysia: 20th to 6th
2012 Spain: 24th to 8th
2014 Germany: 20th to 3rd
2014 Hungary: 22nd to 3rd
2016 China: 22nd to 7th
2016 Belgium: 21st to 3rd

LOL He took 3rd from Trulli fair and square. What occurred after is pretty much irrelevant when we're talking about a DSQ anyway. 8-)

Edit - And he was only ever classified P3.

Last edited:
Trulli stood on the podium, with Hamilton classified 4th before the time penalty (which was later annulled).

Given that, dragging that box of bolts into anywhere sodding near the podium is significantly more of an achievement than navigating the field in the other 4 listed races.

Beating Rosberg in Budapest was also impressive.

Interestingly, no-one has been disqualified for lying since; Nico Rosberg's P4 in Germany ought to be rather under threat given his steering!?

Last edited:
Officially he was DQ'd from P3. The position he had rightly earned.

And if you actually know what transpired after the race, which I think you do, then you realize the debacle was entirely of Dave Ryan and Martin Whitmarsh's making. Truly one of the most pathetic scenarios I've ever seen play out.

2fishing(2).png

He crossed the line 4th, behind 3 people who were not penalised. That is the result has they not disqualified Hamilton, having deleted Trulli's unjust penalty.

If you want to rewrite the results of each race based on what people 'rightly earn', then your career as a statistician will be very short.

Thanks for your contribution tBy. But you won't see anything officially listing him P4. Which was your original erroneously claim completely sidetracking any meaningful discussion of an incredible record.

The race positions do not exist until such time as the official race positions are published by the FIA. In the race in question Hamilton was never in any finishing position at any time whatsoever since he was disqualified before the publishing of the results.

He only ever was classified 3rd because of a penalty caused by the lie for which he was disqualified.

He finished after Trulli did. 4th. Fact. Everything else is a smokescreen unless you actually believe that Trulli should have been penalised.

You tried to make a cheap, largely irrelevant point, which you were incorrect about. Why belabor this any further?

It appears you did recognize the absurdity of this diversion when mentioning the drive in question was possibly the best on the list. But for some incredibly small reason your first reaction was to try and correct something that has now been shown as definitively accurate. He was classified 3rd and disqualified from there.

The actions of McLaren staff and the Stewards is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Back
Top Bottom