Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

It is photo was made Lewis on autograph session in Sochi
ChI8iUCWIAEfEaS.jpg

Last edited:
Toto's response to people who use twitter and Facebook and accuse Mercedes of favouring Rosberg

Inevitably there have been accusations on social media that the team are favouring Rosberg to give him a chance to win the title after two years of being beaten by Hamilton, but Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff gave them short shrift.

"It is very difficult to take people seriously who are lying in bed with their laptop on their chest and just sending out those abusive messages," he said.

"You wonder what goes through people's minds. Of course we don't do it deliberately.

"I want to ignore this bunch of lunatics who think we would harm our driver who is a double world champion for us. He hasn't let us down and we wouldn't let him down.

"This is a mechanical sport and these things happen, we had a problem on the MGU-K drive on Nico's car and it looked as if he might not finish the race.

"We are pushing the limits a lot on the chassis and the engine in order to have a competitive car and this is why we are winning races, but if you push the limits at a certain stage you find them."
--------------------------------------------------

Have to say he is right given Lewis is paid £20m a year at least so that is an expensive money being wasted if it was a conspiracy

This was tackled head on by the BBC team on Sunday. Their response was to say how it was an insult to all the team members who work so hard for him and pit in so many hours of immense effort only to have their efforts denigrated by people who do not know what they are talking about.

No-one in any F1 team would stay on if they thought they were being sold down the river.

As a non fan of Twitter and Facebook I have to say that it doesn't surprise me. The conspiracy theories are bound to start getting out of hand.

Lewis actually fed the fire himself by making the "all the mechanics got switched sides of the garage for no reason" comment when asked about his mechanical issues.

Whilst I'm sure it does bring about working issues it will not bring about mechanical issues so lumping it in was a little unfair. Especially as his new side of the garage had just spent all night putting his car back together. To his credit he did thank them for that.

Lewis has dismissed the conspiracy theories posed by both lap top warriors amongst his fans, and detractors.

Hamilton commenting on the mechanic switch also said, " My side of the garage, the mechanics are definitely having a hard time, but I have absolutely every bit of confidence and faith in them."

He also thanked the team for their efforts by flying parts in by a private jet overnight, which enabled the mechanics to prepare the car for the race, and said..." I'd like to thank the guys who flew over last night from the factory." and " My mechanics worked so hard like 2am in the morning to get my car ready. Without them I obviously wouldn't even got to this point so I was grateful for that."

But in 2007 McLaren paid to Alonso not very less of money. And was many fans who countted and continue to count that Alonso was victim of Ron's preferences to the beginner.
Conspiracy is one of result preferences.
However, there is a big difference between speculations and facts.

The more popular the driver the more extreme the reaction. If Hamilton wins it's either a perfect 10 'greatest racing performance since the last one' from his supporters or 'he only won because he's in the fastest car and his team mate isn't as quick' from his detractors. The same goes for the creation of conspiracy theories.

I would never tell people what they can and can't post or think on this forum. Not something I would ever do. Disagree with them yes but not tell them they have to think like me.

I just thought it would be something that adds to the already on going discussion on another thread rather than it being spread across a load of different topics? It was an interesting view Lewis that's all.

Please, that's enough guys. The video is fine where it is. Events.on the track with the front runners always leads to strong discussion but please limit it to that and not individual criticism. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom