Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Good grief, how many times do we have to revisit things like this? Here's an alternative argument for you all to get your teeth in to, was Carlos Reutemann right to ignore the Jones:Reut pit boards hung out at the Brazilian GP in 1981? After all, he had a contractual commitment to be a No.2 to Alan Jones and AJ was close enough behind for Williams to ask Carlos to let Alan by.

You don't care because it was so long ago? Ditto the whole incident you are discussing here.

Bloody hell FB, I've just had to delete a massive post on why John Watson's 'burn from the stern' at the 83 Long Beach GP was the greatest charge by any driver. 22nd to 1st. Now you've gone and made that post irrelevant.

:spank:

Surely past incidents involving current drivers will come up for discussion from time to time, especially if the incident was a contentious one and is connected in some way to present events. I can't see why past incidents should be taboo. Clearly if they're being discussed people are interested in them.

The 2009 Australian Grand Prix saw an absolute genius in a barely developed car from a team that concentrated on 2008 robbed unjustly of a podium place.

It also saw Lewis Hamilton robbed of points by the most ridiculous decision the FIA ever made, in a completely separate incident. ;)

Good grief, how many times do we have to revisit things like this? Here's an alternative argument for you all to get your teeth in to, was Carlos Reutemann right to ignore the Jones:Reut pit boards hung out at the Brazilian GP in 1981? After all, he had a contractual commitment to be a No.2 to Alan Jones and AJ was close enough behind for Williams to ask Carlos to let Alan by.

You don't care because it was so long ago? Ditto the whole incident you are discussing here.

Yeah, he was wrong but I understand why he did it. He lost the championship because of that, didn't he?

Why don't we start another discussion about Spa 2008, eh?

I can't believe Bourdais didn't pit! He could have been on the podium had he realised it was raining.
Good job too, because if he had pitted at the same time as Heidfeld, he'd have finished in front of Hamilton after the penalty, thus costing Hamilton the championship. 2008 had so many sliding doors moments!

Depends, if we start a paralympic type F1 series then getting bits of your body bitten off by a tiger might be an option.

Completely off topic - is there an FIA sanctioned race series for disabled drivers?

Helping save tigers - I got that. Knowing the tiger since it was a cub - shows how tame it was. Sneaking up on the tiger and making it fall over, then allowing that to go public - on one hand you could say it's frivolous fun and cute, playing with tiger-wiger. That's fine. My view is that everything Hammy does in the car is great, and most things outside I find slightly nauseating, so I'm terribly biased, and chose to see it another way. However, he's box-office as a driver, so I think he's great for the sport, however much I dislike some of his actions out of the car. I take back the 'what a dick' comment, fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom