Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

As long as it doesn't impact on his driving, I think he can do whatever he wants. (And at least you won't be able to see his latest haircut when he has his crash helmet on).:D

I disagree about him being over-exposed. The mainstream media isn't really that interested in him. Nicole is in the press far more. And she pales into insignificance compared with the number of appearances of the Kardashians. However I hope that's not all about to change with the new PR agency.

Would it be so bad for Formula 1 to have a superstar crossover to non car racing people? I hate his tattoos and musical aspirations but as long as it doesn't affect his driving, I'll overlook it. BTW-I'm so happy to be talking about F1 again

I am a little worried if he decides to become more popular off-track, and really hope he doesn't release any music! I support him as a driver but he sure does all he can as a personality to repel me.

Give me a break, just because he's now left McLaren and is now allowed to have some individuality, including bizarre haircuts and fashion choices, doesn't mean he suddenly behaves like a gangster to everyone and just brushes off fans etc. This was just a few months ago, for example:

This is largely fuelled by comments elsewhere but everyone complains about the dull PR machine drivers but as soon as one breaks out the box they complain about him as well. Just can't please people... >:(

He's lovin the homie stuff! I don't have an issue although he does look ridiculous. Anybody that refers to somebody as a 'bro' I class as a homie (not to be confused with gun wielding gangsta).
It is a bit Ali G but hey he seemed to have an isolated childhood and now he's living his dream. If he chooses music/LA over F1, so what, it's his life. His driving has overjoyed me. His earrings, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom