Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

The point is obvious teabagyokel, McLaren threw the title away in 2007, and if they had been able to hold their drivers together multiple titles would have followed, even a blind man could see that. The difference in our views would likely be that in 2007 I felt the team should have favoured Alonso you appear to favour Hamilton. I don't have a problem with us having different opinions.

By pointing out that Alonso as World Champion was bringing huge sponsorship dollars to the team and having confidence that when the pressure came on in the second half of the season Alonso was the most likely to take the title. It would have been a good call as even when Alonso was the team reject he outscored Hamilton in the second half of the season. If Dennis had been true to his word Alonso would have won the title without doubt.

He out scored Hamilton in the last two races, after,Spygate, Mosely, tantrums , blackmail and goodness knows what else intervened, before that the rookie had built up a convincing lead ( 14 points was it? Which would be around 60 points in the current system) and also had won the qualifying battle. And that despite Ron expecting Alonso to bring it home and treating him accordingly until Hamilton flexed his muscles.

racecub ....... From the British GP through to Brazil, nine GP's in total Alonso outscored Hamilton in seven of them. Just to keep things in perspective Hamilton is one of my favourite drivers as is Alonso so I'm not being biased but I do like to keep things honest and your suggestion that Alonso only outscored Hamilton in the last two races is completely wrong. From the British GP through to the Brazilian GP, nine races, Alonso finished in front of Hamilton seven times.

Last edited:
Yes you are right. Alonso did finish ahead of Lewis in more races in the second half of the season, Yet Lewis still retained a big margin, over a race win in hand. It was the final two races that did it for him. I still don't think we've had the whole story about those two races.

They were very tough races for Alonso. The entire team had turned against him by then and its a credit to him that he was able to put in such strong drives under that sort of pressure.
It should never be forgotten Hamilton was still in his rookie season and hadn't been under that sort of pressure before, which helped Alonso. That is not a criticism of Hamilton, he was just in a tough position having seen his lead evaporate as the season closed out.

Last edited:
He out scored Hamilton in the last two races, after,Spygate, Mosely, tantrums , blackmail and goodness knows what else intervened, before that the rookie had built up a convincing lead ( 14 points was it? Which would be around 60 points in the current system) and also had won the qualifying battle. And that despite Ron expecting Alonso to bring it home and treating him accordingly until Hamilton flexed his muscles.

10 points for a win in 2007, 25 points for a win now.
4 points for fourth place in 2007, 12 points for fourth place now.

Think it would be 37.

Ah, but using the count back system I just invented Alonso beat Hamilton from 2001 to 2006. Alonso was particularly impressive in 2001 as this was the year Lewis was taking his GCSE's and Fernando wiped the floor with him, scoring no points in the Minardi.

For all you helmet obsessed, this is Hamilton's new one, apparently.

B_2n7gsWEAEiB7B.jpg

Note the very discreet 1 (in grey).

It appears that Lewis has not been affected by his breakup with Nicole, or at least he is not as fragile as he was a few years ago. He drove very well last weekend, Nico might be in trouble.

, The difference in our views would likely be that in 2007 I felt the team should have favoured Alonso you appear to favour Hamilton. I don't have a problem with us having different opinions.

Kewee....Alonso also felt early at the 2007 U.S. GP that he should have been favored over Lewis, but the team evidently didn't feel that way, especially after Hamilton's performance during that race. Fernando swerving towards the pit wall to show the team his displeasure, was entertaining to say the least.

It appears that Lewis has not been affected by his breakup with Nicole, or at least he is not as fragile as he was a few years ago. He drove very well last weekend, Nico might be in trouble.

I recently read that Lewis gave, " a perfectly judged master class of front running driving," which I hope continues for the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom