Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Not a lot wrong with a velvet jacket, I got married in one.
I think he looks very spiffy and I'm sure he needed no assistance in tying either the laces on his daps or his bow tie.

Velvet jackets are what americans went to prom in, in the 1970s.... A morning suit is what you get married in ;) (No, each to his own).... Personally, I still detest the trainers with black tie, but that's just me

I got married in a velvet jacket, cravat, black leather trousers and boots. I couldn't care what people think, I looked utterly epic.
I think Hamilton dresses very well for the audience he's aiming at and the way that he feels about himself.

I had a white shirt with black trousers, plain black shoes and a dark blue bow tie to go with my velvet jacket. I think that for the first one I just wore a dark suit, but that was a long time ago now.

I think that a white bow tie would have been better with a black shirt and jacket.

From 58 up until 78 I think it went to the winning constructor. Before that, I'm not sure and after that, I can only think of occasions when there has been no world champion such as in 93.

From 58 up until 78 I think it went to the winning constructor. Before that, I'm not sure and after that, I can only think of occasions when there has been no world champion such as in 93.

There seems to be a #1 every single year, with the exception of '93 and '94. There are years when there's more than 1, including those when Indy was part of the championship. To complicate matters, there's the seasons when #1 is not always used by the same driver (in 1970 #1 is shared by Stewart, Hill and Rodriguez)

Back
Top Bottom