Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

His teammate won a race that year and he was shit that's how good the car was..

Kovalainen never came close to winning a race in 2009. Finished P4 one time. It was Lewis alone that brought that car to two victories. He was well on his way to winning a third at Abu Dhabi as well until retiring. The 2009 season always serves to show just how good Hamilton is.

Lewis Hamilton according to Moss can win 6 titles - talk about setting the bar high

I think he will be the most successful British driver so JYS record will go as well no doubt.

It looks as if Stirling Moss and Jackie Stewart trackside, enjoyed thoroughly Hamilton's win at Austin.

Let's get that second win first, before thinking about a number 6.

The fact is I was talking about fucking stats and not fucking Lewis I don't need to be told how good Lewis is I know how good he is without it being rammed down my throut every time come on to this forum I just do not support him thats all, or is me not supporting him some kind of fucking crime that you want punished KekeTheKing

Take your latest thread for instance, it is just another kiss Hamilton butt hole thread, like this forum is in desperate need of another one them..

Last edited:
It's impossible to follow your posts Meph. :dunno:They all get edited so sometimes there's no telling what to respond to. :facepalm:

I see that you've somehow incorporated my thread about Overtaking for the Win into your latest edit. If you cannot handle the fact that Hamilton has excelled in this aspect of Grand Prix racing, then that's on you. When I started compiling the data this morning I had no idea that Lewis would account for more than half of the victories in that fashion since he entered the sport. I'm sorry that this statistic rubs you the wrong way.

The claim that this forum features an abundance of Hamilton "butt hole kissing threads" is factually incorrect. You probably just think that because you apparently feel obligated to respond to and refute any and all posts that mention the mans name. The painfully ironic thing about it is that you undoubtedly spend more time and effort posting about Lewis than any other poster on this site.

Nobody has ever told you to like Hamilton, but he is one of the greatest F1 pilots ever and in a season where he just notched his 10th win you're bound to hear/read a kind word or two. Acting like this forum is overrun with rabid Lewis fans is just foolishness.

What is going on with Lewis and qualifying this year? I have always believed that nobody can extract the maximum out of a car like Lewis but he seems to be saving his best for the races this year. Is it because they use new brakes in quali and he needs more laps to get them bedded in?

He seems to lock his tyres in qualifying with incredible frequency, which Rosberg doesn't as often. Although, as I'm sure Brogan will point out, aside from Rosberg getting 3 free poles from GB to Hungary, they've been far more level than the crisis merchants would have you believe.

I have said previously that I think Lewis has slightly changed his approach to qualifying. I think that after having troubles (some of his own doing) and starting way down the gird, its impossible to get back on terms with Nico in 1st.

By just taking the edge slightly off, he is still going to be second at worst on the grid and with the belief he can outrace Nico (which apart from Monaco he has done).

Of course, this is just my opinion and in a different year where others can challenge for pole I don't think this approach could work.

I don't know off the top of my head, but what was the qualifying head to head last year?

EDIT: As long as I counted correct, it was 11-8 to Lewis. Still fairly close.

Last edited:
in terms of head to head - 3 of the qualis were doing having some sort of brake problem or engine failure
and the only other one to note was when Rosberg reversed his car in Monaco so not a fair reflection

Back
Top Bottom