Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

From what I can recall, his starts have never been great.
This isn't the first race this season he has lost places on the first lap.

Blame the fucking tyres. If one has to look after the rubber then it has to be looked after at the start as much as anywhere else. It seems to have escaped some folk's notice that Hamilton was challenging Rosberg for the first corner as well as defend his position because he was being blocked by Rosberg's (highly effective) defensive moves. Both Mercedes were slow off the start as they had to be to avoid spinning up the rears and fucking them up.

For all his many talents race starts are not his strong point.

He generally doesn't tend to make places at race starts.

To say he has never had good starts is extreme, he does have a few very good ones each year, just not consistently all year.

In Hungary last year his start was so good he almost went flying off the track

Lewis' start was fine today. It was marginally better than Rosberg's. Corners 1,2, and 3 were horseshit though, with arguably his worst race ever to follow. Hamilton was a shadow of himself out there today. Looked like he was driving a crippled car.

At least he didn't miss his braking point for turn 1, followed by everyone else doing exactly the same, then picked up a drive-through penalty because screw you, that's why!

Other than that, I can't think of any starts that really hurt him that much.

I thought '12 was clearly his best.

Anyway, that was a shocker. I was in Barcelona and even the Spaniards were taking pity on him, it was embarrassing to watch as a fan. Although, of course, with Alonso in the lead nothing else seemed to register.

Back
Top Bottom