Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Ant and Dec was awful it was all scripted and wooden, probably not as bad though as the flying through the air on a wire that he did at McLaren. He was on the Graham Norton show recently, that was good. Anyway what's the problem? He' s driving better than he's ever driven, he's happy and we get to see him in different situations. Win win win. Oh he did Johnathan Ross when he was at McLaren as well.

Out of interest which season would you say was Hamiltons best season (I don't think anyone would disagree that 2011 was his worst)

and where would you rank his 2008 season compared to all the others.

I don't have one Hamberg I didn't say or think it is a bad thing just an observation, James Hunt, Brundle, Hill and DC have gone from racing driver to Celeb and they do or did alright to name but a few....

2007 - Possibly his best season. He was incredibly consistent, beat Alonso and I wouldn't count the China incident as a mistake of his, that fault lies with the team.

2008 - Some very good performances with some dodgy ones. The dodgy ones being Bahrain, Canada and Italy qualifying. Standout drives being Britian and Germany. Not his best but still good.

2009 - Kovalainen was a bit closer to Hamilton at the start of the season when the car was bad but Hamilton was still the better driver with good races in Australia, China and Bahrain. The second half the gap between them was massive with the only negative being Italy when he pushed beyond the limit.

2010 - Again he was very consistent this season. The gap to Button looked smaller than it was due to Button's gambles in wet conditions. Only one mistake in Monza and being crashed into at the next race in Singapore cost him the title. I thought he deserved the title that season, he was much more consistent than both Vettel and Alonso.

2011 - I think Hamilton's 2011 season really hurt his reputation. Without this I think he could be ranked higher than Alonso by more people. He was very competitive throughout the season but just made stupid mistakes, his best friend Massa didn't help him too much. His win in Germany really stood out.

2012 - On par with his debut season. I would say it was a mistake-free season, which seems to have gone under the radar with Alonso spouting on about his 'worse than Force India' car. Only reliability stole the title from him. The gap between himself and his team-mate was a gulf at some points too (in Hamilton's favour). Canada was his best race (won without the best car).

2007 - Possibly his best season.

Is there any doubt that Lewis would have walked it home in 07 if it hadn't been his rookie campaign?

2010 - I thought he deserved the title that season, he was much more consistent than both Vettel and Alonso.

He was cruelly robbed of the WDC by a stone that "machined its way" through the rim and caused a puncture on the penultimate lap in Barcelona. That 2nd place would have delivered the title.

He has the talent to have been a quadruple WDC by now if lady luck had not been a bitch here and there and yet I fully expect he will retire a 1 time champion

Back
Top Bottom