Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Come on guys and gals keep up! He's bought a red aeroplane and he has a baggy racing suit.
Another snippet. On the way into the track, he felt sad that Heikki wouldn't be there, and he thinks its madness on the part of some people( doing the hiring) that they've hired who they have when Heikki hasn't got a drive.

Very interesting interview from Ross Brawn talking about a side of Hamilton that we didn't really see or hear about at McLaren. I especially like the bit about him being concerned about stickers not being put on the bodywork properly! A big part of the risk of him moving seemed to me to be that we hadn't seen this side to him, the side thay can lead a team and push forward the development of a car, but so far it sounds like he does have this ability.

http://planetf1.com/news/3213/8482332/Brawn-Hails-Hamilton-s-Approach

Very interesting interview from Ross Brawn talking about a side of Hamilton that we didn't really see or hear about at McLaren. I especially like the bit about him being concerned about stickers not being put on the bodywork properly! A big part of the risk of him moving seemed to me to be that we hadn't seen this side to him, the side thay can lead a team and push forward the development of a car, but so far it sounds like he does have this ability.

http://planetf1.com/news/3213/8482332/Brawn-Hails-Hamilton-s-Approach

So in a way Schumacher was one of the problems?
Also amazed that they use stickers instead of airbrush. Wasn't that a problem a few years back with STR that they used stickers instead of airbrush and by that the car weighted more and wasn't as aero efficient as the others?

Take a look a this article. I found it a fascinating description of Lewis Hamilton's driving, stated far more technically and eloquently that I could ever hope to achieve. It explains what it is about him that makes him my favourite driver.
Very interesting are the comments by Paddy Lowe. He is clearly a big fan and one can understand after reading this article why he would want to follow Lewis to Mercedes. He must have been tearing his hair out at times last year when he had to concentrate on dialling in understeer and grip instead of honing the car for Lewis to go fight with the Ferrari and Red Bull. Hope you enjoy the read. It's a bit technical but I could just about follow.
http://mccabism.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/lewis-hamilton-and-instability.html

Which is exactly why it was never going to work at McLaren with their equal driver policy.
And probably won't at Mercedes either.

For Hamilton to have achieved his potential, he needed to be at a team where he was the number one driver so the car could be designed around him and he would be able to utilise his skill and ability to its fullest; Red Bull or Ferrari for example.

I think driver equality is admirable, but surely when it compromises the ultimate speed of the car it's going a step too far. It's a bit like the dumbing down of GCSE and A level results to increase the pass rate, so everyone looks quite good but you loose the mark of excellence.

Back
Top Bottom