Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Retainer and salary are not synonymous. My guess is that it was likely paid before McLaren eventually awarded Lewis an F1 seat so he doesn’t get poached by another team. Norbert adds that "that is common knowledge from the past"! But yeah thanks to Norbert for giving us something to talk about other than broken gear boxes.

Bless you Kewee, you managed to get Alonso in a couple of times ;)

It appears Hamilton is fairly accepting that 2013 is unlikely to produce him the car he needs, but Mercedes have been very clear of their 2014 targets and they have a good team behind them. That's the year he's gunning for and it seems Mercedes are willing to allow him more involvement in the engineering area. As someone else has mentioned, short term aim for what may be long term gain.

Alonso (just for Kewee) has shown being happy in a crapper team (second time around at Renault) can do wonders for your career!
Hahahaha!!!!!!! I tried my hardest. ROFL I suppose I could have used the Senna/Prost example of McLaren driver management but that wouldn't have been half the fun. LOL

it was Hamilton's management team that enquired about a move not Lewis himself . Partly because they can get a slice of his income from Mercedes plus any personal sponsor deal he gets ..why are we surprised XIX entertainment were desperate for it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone think Eddie Jordan is a deluded fool now then that he got it right twice with Mercedes signing Schumacher and then Hamilton to replace him
--------------------------

as for Lewis how ironic it was the Italian Gp 5 years when Alonso won the race and was in sombre mood with Mclaren when Lewis was his teammate where Ron Dennis blanked him. Then the same thing happens to Lewis where Ron did not even flinch or get excited about his race win

there is no doubt Mercedes deal means Lewis can earn more money for himself like he always wanted to be a "Brand" but will it give him more success remains another question

The Perez deal obviously considers the sponsors he will bring with him being backed by the world's richest man
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lewis can finally grow up now where he felt he was on a tightrope by Mclaren....

If he delivers success on the track at Mercedes no one will care about his partying but if he does not then there maybe a few eyebrows raised

I get the impression that the one thing Ron Dennis simply will not tolerate is disloyalty be it real or imagined when Alonso tried to blackmail him he was prepared to risk everything rather than submit to it, and when Lewis started to demand more from the team be it in the form of keeping the trophies asking for more money doing less promotional work, or putting technical information on twitter, once again Ron showed he will not be pushed around by anyone.....

Mephistopheles

The trophy thing Lewis has gotten use to for so many years but I think the twitter issue on top of the soap opera of his private life and partying was what Ron Dennis was not happy with.

He certainly would not have been impressed with the choice of management Lewis decided to go with and would have noticed he was not fully focused on his driving

Martin Whitmarsh has actually let Lewis get away with a lot of things and outbursts which Ron Dennis would given Lewis a serious rocket behind closed doors to those who think Whitmarsh drove Lewis out

Of more interest is that they allegedly split up weeks ago and I haven't seen any adverse affects on his performance.

Fixed that for you... ;) - Personally, I never believe anything that the Sun prints - unless there's independent corroboration elsewhere... - it's less a newspaper and more a piece of chip wrapping

Whitmarsh claims McLaren offered a better deal than Mercedes and in fact the best one in F1.

Martin Whitmarsh said:
I think we knew that Lewis would be in demand, that's why we made him an offer. The offer that we made was higher than, I believe, any other driver in Formula 1 is currently receiving, or will receive next year.

Perhaps that will now put paid to the claims that Hamilton moved just for the money. I highly doubt it will though.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103024

Back
Top Bottom