Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

As far as I can recall (although I may be starting to suffer from age related dimentia) there is only one F1 driver in history to become his own brand.

Senna had his own brand, his logo still exists on F1 cars today. He and Moss became brands because of what they did on track not because some management company created one. I think Fuller also managed Brand Beckham at one point will we expect to see an Eau de Lewis in the shops in time for Xmas?

(off topic but my local shop has already started stocking xmas stuff!)

JYS still is a brand, isn't he? What about Lauda with his trademark crappy hat? I suppose Hamilton's management are thinking of something a bit different.

Coulthard's own fragrance. Smells like a Mercedes engine that just blew up with two laps to go. I'm guessing.
16416_StockZoomed.JPG

I wish the bearded one would release a fragrance, it would smell of beauty :)

This is off topic but aren't JYS and Laud still sponsored by Rolex and Parmalat respectively?
JYS is. Parmalat stopped paying Lauda about a decade ago, he turned up to the next GP with the same cap but the logo just blotted out! So it has gone from being Parmalat's to Niki's I suppose.

F1Yorkshire

I beg to differ :). Stirling Moss, having survived his big crash at Goodwood became Stirling Moss, the brand in the sense that his career for ever after has been simply "being Stirling Moss". Sure, one can stamp one's name on products or have someone do that for you as your career peaks or after you're (ahem, cough) dead (no disrespect intended to dead folk's), but to become "a brand" just by being?

Anyway, my comment was supposed to be a gag. Sorry, it fell flat on anyone younger than 50!:embarrassed:

So, in the news recently, Paul di Resta announces new management, Richard Goddard, who also manages JB. Also, Force India have announced that they won't hold back either driver if they want to move to a big team. Add to the mix a story I heard from a reliable source that Ferrari are only considering Felipe or Heikki for next year's seat, and you could draw some interesting conclusions, as to whether the path to Mercedes is opening up for Lewis.

Back
Top Bottom