Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

LH has not mentioned money.....

--------------------------------------------------------

Can't think of too many drivers who'd publicly talk to the press about money during contract talks... :D

F1ang-o, I find it quite hard to follow your posting style, but do my best and your logic confused by your bias is as equally unfathomable.

Having said that, there are four things that define the best racing drivers IMO

The desire to beat their team mate.

The need to be seen as number 1 in the said team.

The need to win races.

The need to make money.

From that point of view, Hamilton is doing quite well - maybe he just needs to toughen up and focus.

Jen
It's a great world...we are all different.....variety is the spice of life etc.

I would add to your list ...in fact I would put it first....
You need to trust your team......& especially your engineer....
Rob Smedley was put in an awful predicment ....when he had to tell Felipe those much mooted words....

No, you need the balls enough to trust yourself, but equally you need the knowledge to get the most out of your machinery. If you have that, you have higher ground.

LH management team also have Andy Murray on their books he watched Andy at the Wimbledon venue....

Talking of Balls...Andy Murray is thru to the final of The US Open at Flushing Meadows....later today

No, you need the balls enough to trust yourself, but equally you need the knowledge to get the most out of your machinery. If you have that, you have higher ground.

And your point is.....?

You can do the above but if you have not got a trust in your team/engineer.....then its a load of :censored:

If you have put the car on pole.....& your team tell you to adjust your setting/clutch on the warm up lap...
And you go for your expected launch............. and it's not there...but your team-mate has been enabled to get past you into the first corner....you can still bring in a 1/2 for the team CC....I think this was the first of many cock-ups this year for LH.
He said on the radio .."What happened to my launch"
He also mentioned it after the race.
So for me ...even if you are the best driver on the grid... trust in your team/engineer to do their best for you is vitally important.....

Actually that could be true. A group of Liazards disguised as humans told me something similer after I did the catering for a new world order meeting last week. Henry Kissinger really loves his Sausage rolls.

I mean really, come on! Enough of the conspiricy theory madness. The simple question that 99.9 percent of conspiricies fail on is the question "Why?". Why for example are McLaren trying to sort out a contract with a driver that you so clearly think they want to nobble? Why not just sign Ide or Badoer or someone equally as slow and let JB win all day long?

Actually that could be true. A group of Liazards disguised as humans told me something similer after I did the catering for a new world order meeting last week. Henry Kissinger really loves his Sausage rolls.

Thank-you for your witty input....it lightens things up :D

IMO MW wants a 1/2.....with JB at the front ...
The biggest disgrace this year ... :thinking:.I think ..........was the low fueling ....(when LH had got McLaren's 150th pole?) .even though he could have had an extra 5L of fuel & still been fastest in Q3 , he was demoted to last on the grid for his sterling efforts................
Whatever driver was being treated like this...I would be infuriated at what looks like dire incompetence....
IMO Whimarsh should be packing his carrier & shoving off...
lewymp4 Thanks...yes that was an eye opener at Turkey 2010
riskitall...I notice in one of those interviews
1/ MW saying he wants a driver who is happy.........well Marty parity would be a good start...no favouritism
2/ In another....Martin also says.... he has got a good driver line up for next year.........well DiResta is in the wings being managed by Jenson's company, & he has been advised by them re his court case with Anthony Hamilton......nice...
Come on Lewis you have spent time with your Aunt just before she died,,,,,,, & you have the above, & I expect more that we don't know about, to contend with.............what's with the solemn face.......? Marty wants a happy driver in his camp....heartless....
It was said over the week-end that Button would take advantage of the situation....that's F1 TV...

I hope all this is ironed out...& a team that Lewis said he wanted to spend his whole f1 career...is up to it
Lewis seems to be in a 'dog in a manger' situation at present.

riskitall......Its no wonder views become so distorted. Martin Whitmarsh didn't say Jenson was the one mature driver in the paddock, he said he was one of the more mature drivers in the paddock. That is a huge difference in meaning. Taken in context after Jenson had a disappointing result, the comment stating he was "one of the more mature drivers" was simply pointing out he had been around the sport long enough and had experienced enough disappointments in the past to know how to bounce back. The comment was in no way a dig at Lewis. I also don't understand why you think he wanted to talk about Jenson not Lewis. He was receiving questions not directing the interview and it was a very even interview discussing both drivers.

Despite appearances, team boss Martin Whitmarsh said after the race that suggestions that a deal was already done were “fantasy” and insisted that the door is still open if Hamilton wants to stay.

However driver contracts often get signed during race weekends and there were strong indications that the situation may have been closed out before everyone left Monza.

Eddie Jordan, apparently prompted by both XIX and Bernie Ecclestone, lobbed the grenade in on Wednesday, saying that Hamilton was on the point of signing for Mercedes. It was a final call to McLaren to improve the deal on offer or lose their man.

But some signs were there from McLaren’s side that there was not only a reluctance to meet the financial terms, but also a weariness with the whole pantomime of ‘Life with Lewis.’ The tweeting of the set up sheet in Spa was a symbolic watershed in a relationship which has veered off track since the wide eyed enthusiasm of 2007.
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/09/hamilton-set-to-move-to-mercedes/

A fairly misleading article and title as it is still mostly supposition.

Brogan

Whilst I agree that it is an article full of supposition, it does flesh out the mechanics of what happened with relation to eddie Jordan! Even if XIX management were only doing it to try and extract more money from McLaren, it is still an explanation of where the rumours have come from! Add in the fact that Bernie was involved as well (probably as a way to keep Mercedes bosses interested).... More and more it appears that Hamilton will not be at McLaren in 2013, even if they do offer the best chance of winning the 2013 WDC!

Back
Top Bottom