Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I think i may have made a bit of a rash statement but i just find it annoying that whenever there is something controversial happening Lewis seems to be in the thick of it.

I cannot believe this latest one. Whitmarsh is not capable to run this team(sorry if Im not supposed to say that but he is so incompetant its just not funny!)I think I need help because I cant stand much more of this!How difficult is it to fuel a car for an outlap, a flying lap and an inlap?:givemestrength: Has Whitmarsh moved the left rear wheel changer to refuelling?

The other teams on the grid must be laughing there socks off at how Lewis Hamilton is doing his best to throw the championship away already.

I think i may have made a bit of a rash statement but i just find it annoying that whenever there is something controversial happening Lewis seems to be in the thick of it.

Lewis is throwing away the championship? He scores a stunning pole, streets ahead of his team mate only to find he has been underfuelled. How exactly has Lewis thrown things away there?
And you're annoyed that yet again he's the victim of an inadequate team leader. I dont imagine he's too happy about that either!

Hamilton is a changed man this season.

He hasn't done a thing wrong for five races, has qualified on pole three times, yet due to no fault of his own, he's down in third place in the standings.
But he's fighting hard every race and doing it very maturely.

To go from being elated about his best pole position ever to being DSQed, starting from dead last, doing a 2 stop strategy and managing his tyres better than anyone, for more laps then Pirelli said they were capable of, shows just how calmly he is dealing with adversity this year.

Brogan
The Mettle of the man is showing through ...to go to the Williams garage & Congratulate Sir Frank even though he had been robbed of his pole position, shows what a great bloke LH is. He doesn't whinge, whine or blame any one....just gets his head down & gets on with it. I have a great admiration of the way he lives in the now.

In most F1 drivers late twenties are normally the age they start reaching their peak years isn't it. When their raw speed remains intact but experience combines with it and when to push and when to look after the car.
EDIT Oops. Just corrected that slightly unappealing typo.

I agree with everything that has been said. This weekend I think shows a man who has his head straight, and all the other drivers I think will be wary of a driver in this sort of form.

Providing McLaren can have more races like today, and no more qualifying sessions like yesterday, maybe this could be a good season for Lewis.

Would you say that thus far this has been his best season then or would his 2007 performance eclipse it.

Its a good point about experience, only 8 drivers remain with more experience, with 14 of them trailing behind. With Kovalainen matching hi of course.

I've just read Whitmarsh's interview regarding Hamilton and it was superb. That's a team principle that knows they have a gem and acknowledge they ****ed up. Can't go back but great to hear.

It seems as though this weekend that Whitmarsh, has described a greatness in Lewis that he has never seen before. I was pleasantly suprised with the use of the word greatness in his description of Lewis, and especially also when Martin said,
" My affection and admiration for Lewis have been enhanced by events this weekend. "

Great article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/may/14/lewis-hamilton-martin-whitmarsh-mclaren

Back
Top Bottom