Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Today's result won't have done much to improve Hamilton's position when it comes to negotiating a new contract.

He's going to have to start beating his team mate or he could find his position very weak mid-season.

Today's result won't have done much to improve Hamilton's position when it comes to negotiating a new contract.

He's going to have to start beating his team mate or he could find his position very weak mid-season.

A tad unfair giving it was the safety car that denied him 2nd place at least

I think he knows Mclaren have the car and will want to stay because he knows their development tends to be better than most other teams through the season

Better attitude from Lewis just focus on the next race and don;t start showing weaknesses..Vettel is one lucky son of a gun

Bit early to condemn his performance after a pole. I think where he's going to have to improve is his performance in front of the press. He may not like or trust the media, but the team relies on his image too much for him to shut them out like he did today.

No condemnation from me...

Yet to see the press conference. I had to run to the airport as soon as the checkered flag went down. Back in UK just in time to pick up where I left off on BBC. I'll pass judgement on post-race Hamilton shortly.

Hamilton didn't have Button's pace today. Regardless of any factors, Jenson was the quicker driver at all stages of the race today.

I agree Jenson outraced him today which some of his critics thought he could not do at first and relying on strategy. I had a hunch Jenson might win if he managed to keep up with Lewis and look after his tyres but to lead from the start and then do it was even more impressive and will make everyone take note

I agree Lewis was a bit surprised he could not carry the quali pace and take the fight to Jenson

My thoughts were that whichever of them led into the first corner would take the race. Whilst I didn't really want it to be so, I also had a hunch that this would be Jenson. :-(

so since the race more and more has come out which may explain a few things.
first of all apparently lewis had a clutch problem at the start.
and for some reason he couldnt get his tyres up to temp.
and now ive just found out he had a different front wing setup to jensons.
anyway we'll see what happens in the upcoming races.

Very mature comments from Hamilton.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98605 Lewis Hamilton says he has learned the "value of consistency" in Formula 1, and he is not too worried about not having won yet this year despite two pole positions.
The McLaren driver has started from first place both in Australia and Malaysia but has failed to capitalise on his pole positions, finishing third in both races.
The Briton says, however, that the 2011 season taught him the value of scoring points consistently rather than go all out for
victories all the time.
And Hamilton believes it is just a matter of time before he wins again.
"I won't deny that I'm disappointed to have had two pole positions and not to have been able to convert either of them into victories, but I prefer to think of it that luck just hasn't been on my side, and that it will swing my way sooner or later," said Hamilton.
Hamilton also reckons McLaren will be in a position to fight for victory again in China next week, but he conceded he is ready to settle for a points finish in victory is out of reach.

Yeah - Learning that consistancy is the key to championships after 5 years is genius stuff ;)
Well, as he won a WC 4 years ago by being consistent (funny that) the new part he is learning now is maybe how important consistent podiums are given the structure of the points and length of season. As he says wins are inevitable and they can change everything in terms of points

Well, as he won a WC 4 years ago by being consistent (funny that) the new part he is learning now is maybe how important consistent podiums are given the structure of the points and length of season. As he says wins are inevitable and they can change everything in terms of points

Oh smile and laugh Cook I was making a joke re: your gushing about his quick learning. I know as well as you do that he nearly won the 2007 title by consistancy and he's always known it hence why he's saying it now. I was making a joke about it because I don't know why you thought the need to make out like his comments were some sort of mark of the boys genius compared to others.

He speaks sense and he's gonna get his head down and I'm chuffed coz I want to see him do it. Theres no need for you to make out he's shitting gold though.

Back
Top Bottom