Singapore 2008 under investigation

Well without a doubt Renault will be DSQ'd from Singapore 08 so it's a big congratulations to Nico Rosberg on his maiden F1 win.

Wonder if someone from Williams will pop round to Fernando's house and ask for the trophy !!

:1st:

Amazingly that will be Williams's first win since Montoya in Brazil 2004.

Edit:

Further to my last, If Rosberg is awarded the win then those extra 2 points will lift him from 13th to 12th in the championship and I bet you can't guess who it lifts him over??

Yep, it is..... It's Nelson Piquet Jnr. How ironic is that?

The 2 points has no effect on Williams position in the WCC as they were 3 behind Toyota.

Well the man from Williams getting the :1st: will be met by the McLaren boys to get the :2nd: off them, whilst presenting the :3rd: to Timo Glock.

I'm not sure they can change the points, but I'd rather see Rosberg have a win chalked up worth 8 points than a cheated Alonso win worth 10.

Ok, Quick attempt to show the post Renault DSQ and how that changes things.

Obviously the Singapore result now reads

1st) Nico Rosberg - Williams
2nd) Lewis Hamilton - Mclaren
3rd) Timo Glock - Toyota
4th) Seb Vettel - STR
5th) Nick Heidfeld - BMW
6th) Daivid Caulthard - RBR
7th) Kazuki Nakajima - Williams
8th) Jenson Button - Honda

The final WDC will now look like this.

1st) Lewis Hamilton - 100 points - NC (no change in position)
2nd) Massa - 97 points - NC
3rd) Kimi - 75 points - NC
4th) Kubica - 75 points - NC
5th) Heidfeld - 61 points - Up one place
6th) Kovi - 53 points - Up one place
7th) Alonso - 51 points - Down two places
8th) Vettel - 36 points - NC
9th) Jarno Trulli - 31 points - NC
10th) Timo Glock - 26 points - NC
11th) Mark Webber - 21 points - NC
12th) Nico Rosberg - 19 points - Up one place (moves up on count back due to win!)
13th) Nelson Piquet - 19 points - Down one place
14th) Rubens - 11 points - NC
15th) Nakajima - 10 points - NC
16th) DC - 9 points - NC
17th) Bourdais - 4 points - NC
18th) Button - 4 points - NC

The WCC remains the same with no change in position due to Renault being more than 10 points ahead of the team in 5th place.

Hope that helps?

You have to thank the lucky stars that Timo Glock was unable to retain 4th place on that last lap at Interlagos. Imagine it, if he'd finished 4th, then the hospitalised Champion Felipe Massa would be found in Sao Paulo to be told he isn't World Champion and to send the trophy by first post to:

Mr. L. Hamilton,
c/o Mr. M Whitmarsh
McLaren Technology Centre,
Woking,
England.

Can you imagine the problems that'd cause. Especially since Badoer and Fisi would have to be driving car #0 for the last few races!

Phew!

I did something similar a few posts back but only for Hamilton & Massa:

.   	                After Singapore	Total
No change to results
Lewis Hamilton 84 98 (WDC)
Felipe Massa 77 97

Alonso disqualified and Hamilton moves up to 2nd
Lewis Hamilton 86 100 (WDC)
Felipe Massa 77 97

Race annulled and all points removed
Lewis Hamilton 78 92
Felipe Massa 77 97 (WDC)

Race declared prior to the crash at less than half distance and half points awarded
Lewis Hamilton 82 96
Felipe Massa 82 102 (WDC)

Massa finished 1st and Hamilton 2nd (assuming there had been no crash)
Lewis Hamilton 86 100
Felipe Massa 87 107 (WDC)

http://cliptheapex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=965&p=8970#p8970

I also worked out the results for the entire season should all Renault results be expunged. This is way back in this topic, I wouldn't want anyone reading all of this!

teabagyokel said:
Say Renault's records are expunged from the 2008 Championship... My calculations make the 2008 Championship look like this:

(I've only done drivers)
[color=#444444]1  L. HAMILTON 104[/color]
[color=#FF0000]2 F. MASSA 102[/color]
[color=#000080]3 R. KUBICA 83[/color]
[color=#FF0000]4 K. RÄIKKÖNEN 82[/color]
[color=#000080]5 N. HEIDFELD 67[/color]
[color=#444444]6 H. KOVALAINEN 56[/color]
[color=#800040]7 S. VETTEL 43[/color]
[color=#FF2222]8 J. TRULLI 38[/color]
[color=#FF2222]9 T. GLOCK 29[/color]
[color=#0000BF]10 M. WEBBER 29[/color]
[color=#000033]11 N. ROSBERG 22[/color]
[color=#0000BF]12 D. COULTHARD 14[/color]
[color=#000033]13 K. NAKAJIMA 12[/color]
[color=#00BF00]14 R. BARRICHELLO 11[/color]
[color=#800040]15 S. BOURDAIS 7[/color]
[color=#00BF00]16 J. BUTTON 4[/color]

I make it that Hamilton would extend his Championship winning lead by a massive 1 point and Kubica would take 3rd place away from Kimi Raikkonen's Ferrari! Other than the non-point scoring Force Indias (and Super Aguris) the only driver to be unaffected points wise would be Rubens Barrichello, who would stay in 14th position by virtue of Nakajima and Coulthard leapfrogging him!

teabagyokel said:
This is way back in this topic, I wouldn't want anyone reading all of this!
I did wonder whether it was better to start a new thread or not.
Not really sure the best way to handle subjects which go on for a long time and have multiple stories attached to them.

The only thing worse than mutliple threads about the same subject is one really long one :D

Feel free to start a new related thread if you think it would be better than continuing on this monster.

I'd rather have the monster! (Did Jenson say that when offered sponsors?) I don't like repeating the same point over and over! We'll go on, try to set some kind of record!

I'm just making it easier for bogaTYR, who's been on holiday!

This may please QPR fans...

This is from the Football League's fit-and-proper-person rule: "anyone subject to a ban from the involvement in the administration of a sport by a sport's governing body" disqualifies them from holding a boardroom post at a League club.

So if Briatore is banned from F1 then he will also have to give up his role at QPR.

To be honest, Jim Magilton'll have his fingers crossed. He's been QPR manager since June so his time is clearly on the wane.

To fail the old "fit and proper" person test in the English League is quite an achievement; Thaksin Shinawatra was allowed in at Man City, despite them pesky do-gooders from Amnesty International! :givemestrength:

http://cdn.images.autosport.com/specials/renaultcrash/RenaultLetter.pdf

This letter is quite hilarious with hindsight, no! Attack is the best form of defence, eh, Flavio?

I think the strange thing is how this could have a knock-on effect to football and beyond if he's forced to scarper from the directors' box at Loftus Road (which is very plus nowadays).

That article posted by Muddy, it questions Alonso's role. Basically, I doubt Alonso knew anything because it would not be the first or last time that Alonso would be put on a really c**p short fuel strategy, would it?

And GREENPEACE TIME, what a waste of resources filling a car that's only going to last till lap 14!

I agree, I don't think Alonso (and his engineers) knew before the race, but I suspect Alonso (and again, his team) had a few ideas floating about their minds soon afterwards, and probably just chose to disregard them without the evidence that we have now.

Weirdly, Briatore is still Nelsinho Piquet's manager in a deal which sees him get 20% of his earnings for the next 15 years.

It would seem NP really was desperate to get/stay in F1.
Who would sign over that sort of % to a "manager"?
More importantly, how could Briatore be his manager and boss who sets his wages?
Did Briatore negotiate with himself? :s

Still, it's not like it's going to be worth anything, I can't see NP earning that much in the next 15 years :D

This from The Telegraph:

It is understood that Renault will escape a ban from the sport now that Briatore and Symonds have gone, with a hefty financial penalty the most likely sanction.

As far as individual sanctions are concerned, Piquet Jnr has already been granted immunity in return for his full confession, while the 26-strong WMSC cannot hand out lifetime bans to Briatore and Symonds since they are no longer associated with a licence holder. The can only recommend to their licencees not to collaborate professionally with the pair.

It is believed the WMSC will review this policy following the WMSC hearing.
That is definitely a policy that needs to be reviewed.
People shouldn't be able to escape sanctions by simply resigning from a team.

Somehow I think once the dust has settled and the lawyers have finished their work that contract won't be worth the paper it's written on.

An a different point.

All the reports suggest that Alonso new nothing of the plan and we have no reason not to believe this but the thing that keeps bugging me is surely Alonso would have questioned the unusual strategy. Isn't it more normal on tracks where there is little opportunity to overtake to fuel the car long. You wouldn't base your entire race plan on the hope that there may be a safety car? After all it's the mere fact that this took place that made people ask questions. So while I'm not saying that Alonso knew what was taking place I'm sure he must have guessed or at the very least asked questions.

Having said that, it would seem that Alonso's race engineer had no idea from the transcripts how his drivers car was fueled given that he can be heard questioning the wisdom of brining Alonso in so early during the race. I presume that the race was already under way at this point??

Back
Top Bottom