Is Lewis Hamilton's 2008 WDC flawed?

Is Lewis Hamilton a worthy World Drivers' Champion?

• Total voters
Brogan said:
King_Alonso786 said:
Had Piquet the cheat not crashed intentionally, no safety car, no need to pit and (most likely) no fuel rig problem for Massa

Massa would have won the race with ease hence him winning the WDC..
Ah but for the reasons I stated in the first post, you can't assume that if there hadn't been a crash that Massa would definitely have won the race or the WDC.

Ferrari could still have messed up the pit stop, Massa could have crashed, etc.

We'll never know.

Exactly, We will never know hence why Hamilton's title is tainted

King_Alonso786 said:
Exactly, We will never know hence why Hamilton's title is tainted
Please make some sense.

Or please tell me a WDC whose title isn't tainted by some controversy or other..

Got agree with Rick on this one, nearly every driver/team at some point during the season has an incident which you could claims "taints" their championship. To pick on Hamilton specifically is just pointless and, he was a worthy Champion - as Felipe Massa woudl have been also.

If you remember Singapore last year, Massa spun at turn 18, so are we saying this wouldn't have happened.

You can't say if the crash didn't happen, Massa wins the WDC. The world is more complex than that!

I personally feel they both deserve to be 2008 Champions, but the fact is that they're not.

The only thing that is tainted is Alonso's win. There is no taint on the World Champion, he did not deliberately cheat in order to win the World Championships (and there's two very well regarded champions who probably did, if you want to revisit Japan 1990 or Australia 1994 please do), he just performed better than Massa in the situation provided him. It is not Piquet's fault that that traffic lights system was crap.

Same goes for this thread.

Any more tit-for-tat posts or off-topic comments will be deleted.

Let's try and keep this a friendly place where people are free to post their opinions without it degenerating into virtual punch-ups.

I think that as a result of all these emotions we should all agree that the 2008 WDC be awarded to Jenson Button for his gentlemanly conduct in ensuring that nobody got lonely at the back - :embarrassed:

Great to see you KingAlonso on this forum, the great Alonso supporting partnership can be reunited!

To be fair, Hamilton in my opinion as a flawed driving style, but his 2008 title was not flawed in itself.

PS. KingAlonso check your inbox...

frog-n-flymo said:
I think that as a result of all these emotions we should all agree that the 2008 WDC be awarded to Jenson Button for his gentlemanly conduct in ensuring that nobody got lonely at the back - :embarrassed:

I dunno, I think his title would be flawed by the fact he won no races, got no podiums and scored 3 points. And I think Seb Bourdais was more gentlemanly!

I here what your saying TBY but I think Seb Bourdais's title would be flawed.

I think the crown should go to Anthony Davidson and Takuma Sato for graciously stepping aside early in the season to prevent the leaders having to overtake too many back markers.

;)

Having given this due consideration I think that the only unflawed result would be to share the championship - it's only fair as everyone tried REALLY hard....

By the way, can I have the trophy on 18th October as the Mother-in-Law's coming over for dinner and I want to talk about something other than her bowels!

Back
Top Bottom