Silly Sweepstake - Turkey GP

McZiderRed

Champion Elect
Supporter
Welcome to the Turkey shoot that I've rather affectively named, Silly piyango - Türkiye GP, or

Silly Sweepstake - Turkey GP :D

I thought this sweepstake should relate to the drivers that have previously won in Turkey. However, the only drivers that have won the Grand Prix, at Istanbul Park, are Jenson Button, Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen. Of course, Button and Massa are competing, but Raikkonen is no longer partaking in the F1 circus. Therefore, the nearest thing we'll get to Kimi, is the finish! ;)

So, the scenario is this; What will be the sum total of Massa's + Button’s Q1, Q2, Q3 & Race finish positions.

Add all the positions for each of these sessions, for both of the two drivers, all together and you have a grand total, which will be your competition entry. No two grand total entries to be the same. Sounds easy, doesn't it?

As an example, at Barcelona this happened:

Q1: Massa – 9th, Button – 4th
Q2: Massa – 8th, Button – 3rd
Q3: Massa – 9th, Button – 5th
Race: Massa – 6th, Button – 5th

So the grand total was: 49

You can simply make up a number and post it, as your entry. But you could also show your workings out and earn extra browny points.. And, like I've said, no two grand total entries to be the same.

The winner of this Silly Turkey will be responsible for the Silly Sweepstake - Canada GP, but you might also get to sample a nice bit of
Lokum on a plate!

Entries must be posted by Midnight Thursday 28th May 2010.

As this is a bit tricky, you may wish to think this over. So I thought I would provide you with a good bit of time.
And there is no time like the present...

I worked mine out last night and spookily it came to 49 :o

Q1 - Massa 5, Button 6
Q2 - Massa 6, Button 7
Q3 - Massa 6, Button 8
Race - Massa 5, Button 6

P.S. I don't like lokum, if I win can I have some cezerye instead?

Obviously, there's no problem with having 49 as your entry, but just one point..

You have both Massa & Button in 6th place in Q1. The numbers do add up to 49, but just
wondered if you would want to change anything..? :unsure:

Also, you could be onto something with the cezerye. It certainly looks good.. :D

McZiderRed said:
You have both Massa & Button in 6th place in Q1. The numbers do add up to 49, but just
wondered if you would want to change anything..? :unsure:
Oops.

Typo, fixed now.

Give Massa a competitive car, and he rules Turkey.

Q1 - Massa 2, Button 5
Q2 - Massa 7, Button 9
Q3 - Massa 1, Button 6
Race - Massa 1, Button 5

Giving a grand total of 36

Q1 - Massa 5th, Button 8th
Q2 - Massa 7th, Button 4th
Q3 - Massa 3rd, Button 6th
Race: Massa 3rd, Button 9th

Total: 45

Seems I'm reasonably pessimistic for the Jenson chappie - don't know why though... :dunno:

A shot in the dark:

Q1 - Massa 8th, Button 13th
Q2 - Massa 5th, Button 9th
Q3 - Massa 2nd, Button 10th
Race: Massa DNF, Button 4th

Grand Total: 51

Read it and weep...

And, now that the Turkey has run it's course, the baster winner can be revealed...

The actual turkey, that we were all taking pot-shots at, was:

Q1 - Massa 11th, Button 3rd
Q2 - Massa 5th, Button 6th
Q3 - Massa 8th, Button 4th
Race: Massa 7th, Button 2nd

Grand Total: 46

So the winner is, GeoffP! :1st:

The winning score was:

GeoffP said:
Q1 - Massa 5th, Button 8th
Q2 - Massa 7th, Button 4th
Q3 - Massa 3rd, Button 6th
Race: Massa 3rd, Button 9th

Total: 45
Just pay no attention to this though...

GeoffP said:
Seems I'm reasonably pessimistic for the Jenson chappie - don't know why though... :dunno:

So, it's over to you Geoff! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom