Poll Should F1 head to Scandinavia to race?

Should F1 head to Scandinavia to race?

• Total voters
For sure. Sweden hosts WRC, why not F1?
I don't think there's much of a demand for a F1 race in Sweden right now, despite Ericsson driving a Caterham. They've been away for so long, there's no solid fanbase. Besides, no adequate circuits, so it would be hugely expensive.

Much more F1 following in Finland (naturally, and we too host WRC, btw) and perhaps now in Denmark, after Magnussens first succesful race. Same circuit problem there of course.

Finland would by far be the most logical place to host a Nordic GP and the planned circuit I mentioned is also within reasonable distance from St. Petersbough. So Russian fans would come there too. Just like Finnish fans would have gone to St. Petersbourgh GP, if that had become reality instead of Sochi.

No. It does not make economic sense, neither for Ecclestone nor one of the Scandinavian countries.
Although I would like to see a race being held in Scandinavia.

Last edited:
May be Norway would like to invest some of it's oil money in to a GP? Has there ever been a Norwegian F1 driver?

What's happening with Anderstorp these days?

After all it was a great little track and it can lay claim to being the stage of some of the most historical wins in F1, namely the Tyrrell six-wheeler's hour of triumph and the Brabham "fancar" BT46B

Not mention the epic 1977 edition with Laffite storming through from 11th to overtake one car after the other and score Ligier's first win.

Back
Top Bottom