Senna the Movie

I find that strange, Belgium is home to the greatest motor racing circuit in the world that is used by F1, Belgium is part of the sport's history, it really should be being played there >:(

Yeah, but people here (in the Flemish part) they aren't that interested in f1, they are more for football,cycling and cyclocross, which i think is boring. And in the french part they are more for motorsports. I guess we need a Belgian driver in a better team to increase popularity in my part.

But by the looks of it they are trying to get it in a cinema, cause they have started a petition.

I find that very strange for an award winning film that's had strong reviews from self-proclaimed non-F1 fans. I guess it's the commercial world we live in, but surely they can find slots in the agenda (even late night showings) to cater for the demand.
All this when it's also claimed that Cinema attendace figures are on a constant decline.

Yeah, but people here (in the Flemish part) they aren't that interested in f1, they are more for football,cycling and cyclocross, which i think is boring. And in the french part they are more for motorsports. I guess we need a Belgian driver in a better team to increase popularity in my part.

But by the looks of it they are trying to get it in a cinema, cause they have started a petition.

Bushi, I hope the petition works, everyone who wants to deserves to see this movie. Good luck :)

A few of those in the business aren't saying very favourable things about it.

Was just reading a few Tweets:
Mark Blundell: I don't think it paints a balanced picture, and having worked along side him and raced against him it leaves a void..
Mark Sutton: I agree, I have seen it twice last year, amazing footage but few key moments missing which my brother was involved in!

I did read a few articles previously which claimed it was a bit unbalanced, sadly they may appear to be true.
That's always the nature of biographies though, the author puts their own particular bias into it.

A few of those in the business aren't saying very favourable things about it.

Was just reading a few Tweets:
Mark Blundell: I don't think it paints a balanced picture, and having worked along side him and raced against him it leaves a void..
Mark Sutton: I agree, I have seen it twice last year, amazing footage but few key moments missing which my brother was involved in!

I did read a few articles previously which claimed it was a bit unbalanced, sadly they may appear to be true.
That's always the nature of biographies though, the author puts their own particular bias into it.

You'll never please everyone, I suppose. Most motor racing journalists think it is brilliant. I'm going to reserve judgement until after I've seen it on Saturday. I'm sure it is a little biased towards him, but, as it's a documentary about him, made by a man who had to study him massively over the course of years, this is to be slightly expected. I'm sure I'll love it, I'll report back on Sunday or Monday :)

Be great to read your review.
Like you I will also reserve judgement until I've seen it, whenever that may be...

I am in Edinburgh and the nearest cinema showing Senna is in Manchester. WTF. looks like I have no option but to wait for the DVD to come out. This sucks big time. Can't believe it has been hyped so much on Top Gear and every single F1 weekend and then its not even on in a cinema within 220 miles of me. >:(
If anyone knows different and knows somewhere its on near Edinburgh please let me know.

[merged]

All happy now :) just found a new website that was most helpful. Its on at Fountain Park in Edinburgh. Yipee.
Google saves the day. :thumbsup:
http://www.google.com/movies

Brogan

I think it's down to the viewer to absorb the film with a balanced perspective as I mentioned previously;

I've also heard that it doesn't show Prost in a very good light, but I'll choose to ignore that element as I know it not to be true.

Films and footage are fantastic but you can't tell the full picture in 90mins of screen time, for the casual fan then I'm sure it's a fantastic documentary, for those wishing to learn more about Senna and that period then it will be equally enjoyable but I would urge people to balance it by reading the numerous books available.

I still can't wait to see it :D

It seems my three 'local' Cinema's are not showing it until the 21st, and two of those only one showing on that day! I hold little hope of getting to see it anytime soon. :(

Am listening to a Senna discussion on BBC Radio 5 Live at the moment with Jo Ramirez and with comments from Alain Prost and Bruno Senna to come...

The conversation between Ayrton and Sir Jackie is very revelling, confrontational and yet it still manages to make me chuckle.

His single-mindedness, which many admire, absolutely terrifies me. I can't believe it was all a show, for intimidation purposes.

I think we know it wasn't, as displayed at the 1990 Japanese Grand Prix. It was worse than Nelson Piquet Jr.'s deliberate crash in Singapore because it endangered his rival, Alain Prost, too. There's a healthy dose of irony that the beneficiaries of this were Benetton, Nelson Piquet and Flavio Briatore!

It's a theme that constantly re-appears every time I listen to him, watch him or read about him. I always manage to balance it out with the fact that he could be so caring and emotional in certain situations.

At the end of the day, his total ruthlessness and will to win on the track is what made him so fantastic, yet also makes him something of an enigma now.

Truly compelling.

Back
Top Bottom