Second United States GP - New Jersey

ATL11

Pole Sitter
Apparently Formula 1 is looking to have 2 GP's the US from 2013, with Austin started the ball rolling in 2012 .

New Jersey is to start from 2013 with Uncle Bernie saying last year "It's happening. We are talking to them and trying to do our best. Let's see what happens."

According to the New Jersey's Governor's office Chris Christie is to make an announcement about the GP next week?

So with the race calendar up to 20 already and another being added to the list, who will make way in 2013?

It could be a race in Spain, or Spa, or Korea, or even Suzuka. Frankly there are a lot of circuits struggling to make ends meet at the moment.

I think this is exactly the sort of dramatic event required to create a bigger foothold for F1 in the U.S.

newjersey.jpg
circuit map and it reminds me of Detroit

The U.S Invasion begins. 2 Grand Prixs on the way, A young American driver up and coming (Rossi), A young Candadian Driver up and coming(Wickens) and Indy Car in turmoil at the moment - all Bernie needs now is to get an American team on the grid and he's all set!

I'm surprised a street race around Hollywood has never been suggested. I'm sure the movie stars would flock to it for the media attention. Like the Monoco of the Americas.

There are three ideas striking me.

1. Considering all the trouble that those guys in Austin seem to have (there doesn't seem to be any construction going on at the moment), do you guys think it is possible that Bernie is just looking for another option, in case Austin fails to build a track at all. And if they succeed he has two Grand Prix in the US which is also nice.

2. I got a feeling that this time F1 could really be a success in the US. First of all the races are more interesting, with the Pirelli tyres or DRS and KERS, which the average American guy will surely appreciate.
Second IndyCar is more or less deteriorating themselves, not only because of the recent sad events, but there doesn't seem to be a genuine interest in IndyCar anymore...

3. I hope either Valencia/Bahrain or Catalunya are thrown out of the calender, or why not all of them:)

With the US not been in the best economic state its ever been in at the moment and the extortionate hosting fees charged by Mr E, I wouldn’t be surprised if the local Texan governors and the financial backers aren’t questioning investing huge amounts of money into something the average American doesn’t really care for and to only to make huge losses.

Surely no American track would tolerate the dictorial demands of Bernie the way a money unlimited middle of far eastern track seem to do?

That so does remind me of Detroit too. But as long as it has a lovely backdrop of NYC, who cares if it’s a crap circuit right?

Well I don't. Like Valencia or Monaco it would be a holiday aswell! Now just to fix up the harbour with some yachts oh and maybe a tunnel under the water! That would be awesome!

Well I don't. Like Valencia or Monaco it would be a holiday aswell! Now just to fix up the harbour with some yachts oh and maybe a tunnel under the water! That would be awesome!
Well they could use the Holland and Lincoln tunnel into and out of Manhattan! lol and you’ve got the USS Intrepid as a backdrop. :thumbsup:

With the US not been in the best economic state its ever been in at the moment and the extortionate hosting fees charged by Mr E, I wouldn’t be surprised if the local Texan governors and the financial backers aren’t questioning investing huge amounts of money into something the average American doesn’t really care for and to only to make huge losses.

Surely no American track would tolerate the dictorial demands of Bernie the way a money unlimited middle of far eastern track seem to do?
Every other track endures it for God knows why (probably because they have to, most likely), so I don't see why the US should be any different.

What I can see, however, is the Austin circuit owners being annoyed that there's a second race. The F1 fans in the north of the US were probably thinking about going to that race track. Now there's little to no attraction at all - why not just go to the one that's closer?

According to Autosport, the FIA is going to approve a second US GP to be held in New Jersey starting in 2013. I wonder what race will be dropped to make room.

If i was up to me to drop a couple of tracks to make way for 2 races in America then i would get rid of Valencia and one of either Bahrain, Shanghai, or Malaysia.

Back
Top Bottom