Second United States GP - New Jersey

Yeah it been done to death recently, Monaco was great because it was a one-off. But we wouldn’t want 10 of them per season.
I get the whole Monaco thing as regards history and such but I think the modern F1 car has long since out grown the circuit. I know a lot of people love it and I fully understand the skill required to get around the circuit but after Saturday the racing is over and the actual race is (I find) quite dull.

Valencia has been a disaster from start to finish, Singapore has lights and little else to offer IMO.

I'd love to see a return to Long Beach if we are going to have two races in the US. No chance of that happening though.

There's a Google image here with the track outlined. Looks to have all the makings of another Valencia to me.
New Jersey F1 Circuit.JPG

I would put the start finish line next to the 90 degree right hander before the canadaesque hairpin, just after the kink and by the trees if thats clear enough! basically the hairpins the last corner

I would put the start finish line next to the 90 degree right hander before the canadaesque hairpin, just after the kink and by the trees if thats clear enough! basically the hairpins the last corner
I would have the start line where yours is, but race the other way round! So the first 'turns' are fast kinks followed by an overtaking opportunity.

If i was up to me to drop a couple of tracks to make way for 2 races in America then i would get rid of Valencia and one of either Bahrain, Shanghai, or Malaysia.
Really? I really like Malaysia, and Shanghai always produces great races. So I would drop Valencia and Bahrain, have the 2 US GP's, modify Abu Dhabi and add a French race. And with a bit of calendar tinkering I think all that could be viable!

If this is the actual layout, I suspect lap times will be very low, maybe around1min, what do you guys think?
And it looks like an insanely fast circuit (and dangerous)

If this is the actual layout, I suspect lap times will be very low, maybe around1min, what do you guys think?
And it looks like an insanely fast circuit (and dangerous)
I agree there are some massive straights looking at it. The section alongside the trees to the west appears to have a few kinks but I reckon in an F1 car it'll be near flat through there. So lots of straights, a single 180 degree corner and the reset essentially 90's and likely a flat as a pancake. It doesn't have many of the ingredients for a classic circuit and in a country like the USA where they have many purpose built race circuits I think they could have come up with a much better venue particularly as we're losing the like of Turkey to accommodate this.

Yup, but the priority here is not the race track or the event, it’s the backdrop and the $ signs in Bernies eyes that go with it.

I was surprised and somewhat pleased to see this "news". I'm not holding my breath quite yet though, as Bernie has floated the idea of a NY/NJ area GP on a number of occasions before. If it does go off, I'll be very interested to see what circuit it replaces.

Why should America have 2 GP's? There are other countrys out there that at least deserve one, and I can think of few others that should have 2. Is F1 feeling guilty after the Indianapoilis fiasco? Or is it that they found out that having a race at Austin isn't the way to go?

We already have more tracks than the maximum allowed, what is going on? I really do hate this thing of "new track every year" thing, it is not only a waste of money, it's a waste of effort, it ruins the calendar, it ruins F1 to an extent, all of the "original" and great tracks get pushed out, I find it absurd!

Also, what's this craze over street circuits ever since 2008? Valencia, Singapore, Korea (half of it), Rome was meant to be one too. Street circuits is the exact opposite of what F1 needs.

Back
Top Bottom