Current Sebastian Vettel

Lots of threads have alluded to having a discussion about the current world champion so lets get it all off our collective chests (oooeer!)

Lots has been has been written about this young man from his testing debut with BMW Sauber in 2006 aged just 19 - he then progressed to the the toro rosso team for his first full race season in 2008 - the memorable race being his drive in the wet at Fuji where he managed to rear end his future team mate Mark Webber who said ""It's kids isn't it... kids with not enough experience – they do a good job and then they :censored: **** it all up." - Little was Mark to know he would be paired with the "Kid" just 2 years later.

His maiden win came at the 2008 Italian GP where he qualified up from, the race started under the safety car in the rain and the young German led from start to finish in the Toro Rosso - becoming the youngest winner of a grand prix ever.

Then we enter the era of the Red Bull. In 2009 he joined the Red Bull team, which got off to a torrid start as he managed to crash into Kubika in Australia, a feat he would go on to repeat during the 09 season.

Last year needs no mention........

So to the crux of the matter. Is Sebastian Vettel?

the real deal, the baby schumi, the new pretender - a genuine racer? - aka Wunderkind

or

A very quick driver, who lucked into a very fast car and can bang it on pole and lead from lights to flag and be the quickest pilot of a car, yet can't overtake for toffee? aka WunOrAother

035336-pn-image-sport-sebastian-vettel.jpg

Date: 2019-03-05

Do you want to jump ship and drive for Mercedes, Sebastian? "What I want is to win WDC with Ferrari, most famous team in the sport".
Do you want to retire, Sebastian? "I am not in my prime anymore, but I have still a few good years ahead of me," so no.

British media are asking Seb about retirement, however I didn't hear they would ask Hamilton the same, despite him being two years older.

Last edited:
I'd say, on the whole, the British Press are often more kind to Vettel than they are to Hamilton.

Vettel has often described himself as an anglophile and is well liked by the majority of F1 fans in the UK or at least well respected.

I'd say, on the whole, the British Press are often more kind to Vettel than they are to Hamilton.

Vettel has often described himself as an anglophile and is well liked by the majority of F1 fans in the UK or at least well respected.
Things may change is the Ferrari is any good ...

I saw Don King on a flight once from Germany to the UK, he was reading a newspaper. I ignored him.

Colin Chapman walked into me once but I am sure that he would have said that I walked into him FB. Strange;y I also saw Willie Rushton; he was also reading a newspaper. Is this a feature of famous people?

Who’s Don King, and would I mind if he ignored me.

Would I even know he’d ignored me, being as I don’t know who he is.

:thinking:

Back
Top Bottom