Head To Head Sebastian Vettel v Charles Leclerc

I don't believe in taking the knee in sport or any other other occasion, it is an American import that has very little credence as a great number of C to Z listers jumped on the bandwagon to try to improve their media and social media positions, most didn't and probably don't give a thought to BLM until it became the in thing. All lives matter except certain classes of criminals, political or those of various violent persuasions, I suspect that some far eastern races don't look too kindly on them being excluded, leave it where it started, the USA where in certain states very few lives matter unless they are red neck white. I would support those not taking the knee, at least they have the guts not to follow sheep or bow down to a form of subversive bullying

Last edited:
I don't believe in taking the knee in sport or any other other occasion, it is an American import that has very little credence as a great number of C to Z listers jumped on the bandwagon to try to improve their media and social media positions, most didn't and probably don't give a thought to BLM until it became the in thing. All lives matter except certain classes of criminals, political or those of various violent persuasions, I suspect that some far eastern races don't look too kindly on them being excluded, leave it where it started, the USA where in certain states very few lives matter unless they are red neck white. I would support those not taking the knee, at least they have the guts not to follow sheep or bow down to a form of subversive bullying

An American import which has stirred the same feelings in the UK. It was not Hamilton who asked is fellow drivers to take the knee. It was the drivers choice. More importantly certain political people have a chance to put things right. I do agree all lives matter in the end

I don't think we should be condemning Leclerc until we fully understand his reasons

After today’s qualifying Sebastian Vettel looks a broken man, it just looks like his heart is either not in it or the car is set up for Charles Leclerc as he is the future for Ferrari.

as i put on the main thread i know vettel dropped off but surely not that much. even vettel is better than this. there must be a reason either no confidence, he "checked out" & isnt fully dedicated to F1 or Ferrari for whatever reason or there is a issue with that chassis or car. we still cant discount retirement

i found the quote 12 months ago from a ross brawn on beyond the grid interview i listened too about Schumacher being young driver up against the expierenced multiple world champion & how you could swap names for leclerc & vettel. it would be absolutely spot on. piquet left the sport completely in 1991

Piquet sr made a big fuss over dropping of moreno, because he had moreno where he wanted he him & knew he had him beat, suddenly this new kid on the block is beating the multiple world champion, wasn't interested in what piquet wanted. piquet ended up leaving at the end of that season because he could sense the writing was on the wall, as he knew which way the team was going to be going. its a cruel way in that environment you don't choose your direction its chosen for you by the people in team, if Michael was faster, younger & the prospect. you show respect to driver but you naturally follow the main lead & go around the youngster. even though nelson had a good relationship with the team he could tell his time was over a Benetton

Last edited:
The same thing happened with Senna and Prost at McLaren. Funny thing is both Vettel and Prost pretty much had a say who they preferred their teammate to be before being forced out.

To finish Piquet and Schumacher at Benetton. Piquet enjoyed a good period at Benetton after a disastrous 2 years at Lotus. However Tom Walkinshaw bought a stake in the team with Ross Brawn joining and they knew how good Schumacher was from Sportscars seeing him driving for Mercedes against Jaguar -their team. So they should be taking credit for poaching Schumacher not Briatore.

It was Vettel who has been dodging more competitive teammates by ensuring the team choose Raikkonen because he knows Kimi is not going to beat him over a season. When someone asked whether Verstappen or Ricciardo would be a good teammate he responded saying Ferrari also have Leclerc and Giovinazzi.

Besides he has had 5 years to get it right so it is natural for Ferrari to have run out of patience and certainly not getting value for money. I think Alonso's record at Ferrari is still going to be better than his

Leclerc drove a blinder whilst Vettel was a shadow of himself. Not sure if Aston Martin should risk hiring him unless there is an upturn in his performance

Back
Top Bottom