Schuey testing GP2 car!

Autosport has some more details:

"Today's test marks a milestone for the GP2 Series," said GP2 boss Bruno Michel. "It is an honour and a privilege for us to have seven-time Formula 1 World Champion Michael Schumacher help us to develop our car. The goal of the GP2 Series is to prepare young drivers for Formula 1.
I love the way they're spinning it.

As if MS is helping out the GP2 lot out of the goodness of his heart, rather than the real purpose which is to get him up to speed and test whether his neck can withstand the forces

Schumacher to test GP2 car at Jerez

I wonder if it will be fitted with "F1 type slick tyres" as a variation on the F1 Ferrari he drove with "GP2 type slick tyres"

Blatant cheat, again, and the season hasn't even started.

Last time around with Ferrari, the stewards certainly turned the other cheek.

Be interesting to see what penalties are handed out to MS, compared to other drivers. Was that the Ferrari influence or just his, maybe this year we will find out?

Not quite as blatant as Williams taking advantage of the young driver test day to give Nico Hulkenberg a load of testing in their '09 car Fedup. Hardly within the spirit of the rules from where I'm sitting.

I know, but I suppose its all down to the stupid FIA rules on testing.

I don't think I would like to trust my life in a car that has had very little testing. Also I wouldn't like to have a rookie driver behind me who had had very little experience in a F1 car, all because of cost cutting.

The FIA should think things through before writing the rules, and at least shore up the loop holes.

Found this link in another place and thought I would share it with you:

Schumie drives a GP2 car

When you get to the last picture please tell me if it's just me or if you think Schumacher's head has shifted away from the centre of his neck. It was always a bit lopsided but it is reaching epidemic proportions now - in a few years it will be sitting on his shoulder :snigger:

Back
Top Bottom