Television Red Dwarf

Just in case:

f4929e4095704fd27dd69bea48c0f3bd.jpg

Red Dwarf was genius...until the Grant/Naylor divorce. Since then it's been confused rubbish. I can't get excited about seeing an old version of the cast trying to recapture the shining brilliance of series 1-6. All the expensive special FX fail to make up for weak scripting and cringeworthy acting.

Not for me - it'd be like watching Phillippa Forrester trying to be slinky on Robot Wars today. (besides - I was rather taken by the blonde lady in the leather trousers who took over from her when she went off to have sprogs, though I cannot remember her name...)

Should I avoid peering at this thread over the coning week? I don't intend watching the new series until it officially kicks off on the 22th but I know the first episode is available tomorrow on UKTVPlay's androiid appp. Can' t be bothered to install the app and anyway it' s bound to run quite slow due to the number of people who'll be doing that.

Just caught up with RD11. Really enjoyed it. Some good gags. Bit of a slow burner at the start but laughed out loud a few times towards the end.

Don't wanna spoil it for those who ain't seen it but I' ve just watched the 3rd episode, and it' s the best yet, absolutely hilarious at times. It' s really stating to look like a massive return to form for the Red Dwarf franchise. :D

Caught up with the second episode last night. Still chuckling about Lister and Cat's science discussion.

"He shouted 'formica' and invented gravy"

Just one question though:

It's a time paradox thingy. If the crew went back in time to take the kidneys out of Lister a few days before, and kept him alive using the nano chip, how did the mad surgeon then take Lister's kidneys out on the spacecraft? He wouldn't have had any as they were already removed. Or am I over thinking a classic comedy? LOL

Back
Top Bottom