Television Red Dwarf

The original time sequence, he had kidneys when he went through the space station visit. Then they went back in time and removed his kidneys before the doctor could take them, thus creating an alternative reality where the doctor removing them could not of done so as he had none. Meaning that they destroyed reality and are now living in an alternative dimension where a doctor from another dimension removed his kidneys requiring him to steal his kidneys from his past self who is also in this alternative reality. I need a lie down.

But not changed in a good way. It still nods at it's own history but at the same time doesn't feel stale or forced.

It's great stuff this series.

Another question, where are the scutters?

Given Dave must be making it on a budget of about 50 pence an episode it also looks very smart. Both the model work and the effects would put a few programmes to shame.

image.png

LOL There they are.

Loved it when they were playing Cowboys and Indians in an early episode of the original series.

Managed to catch up with this weeks Red Dwarf. Hmmmm bit of a miss.

A plot similar in tone to Rimmer2 from the very first series. A bit of an abrupt ending and not many laughs.

Ah well, can't win them all.

Awe it's finished. 6 episodes isn't enough I was enjoying that. I think 'Give and Take' will be up there with the all time classic episodes the rest were good as well no duds. I might just have a RD XI a-thon over the weekend and watch them all again :D

Oh well heres to Red Dwarf XII next year :D

Last edited:
The original time sequence, he had kidneys when he went through the space station visit. Then they went back in time and removed his kidneys before the doctor could take them, thus creating an alternative reality where the doctor removing them could not of done so as he had none. Meaning that they destroyed reality and are now living in an alternative dimension where a doctor from another dimension removed his kidneys requiring him to steal his kidneys from his past self who is also in this alternative reality. I need a lie down.

Whilst a jar with kidneys is broken, there's no proof these are Lister's. In fact, the timeline was that Lister went to the space station without kidneys, then there was the fight, breaking the kidney jar. Taking Lister back to Red Dwarf, they find that he has no kidneys, so assume that the robot surgeon has removed them. However, they had previously been removed in time travel shenanigans

Can't wait for this. There were some great episodes last time out.

The big question is will we get a Season 13?

Back
Top Bottom