Television Red Dwarf

Mr Flibble is very happy.

337838.jpg

Last edited:
Westy Yep Robert Llewwllyn. It's no wonder it didn't progress beyond the US pilot. I guess some things don't translate into American comedy.

In other news, Red Dwarf filming for series 11 and 12 is happening November 2015 - Feb 2016. Ticket announcement for studio audience around early September.
On TV channel 'Dave' ,Series 11 sometime in 2016 and series 12 Autumn 2017.

Westy Yep Robert Llewwllyn. It's no wonder it didn't progress beyond the US pilot. I guess some things don't translate into American comedy.

----------------------------------

They tried giving it the big hollywood treatment... the guy playing Lister looked like he'd be more at home among the "Friends" cast, they got the spirit of the thing totally wrong.

American studios always seem to get this sort of thing wrong, hollywoodising things. A bit like those remakes of classic british or french comedy films. They always cast 6 foot 3 lead actors in the main lead of remakes where the original films had neighbour-next-door types in the lead which just makes a mockery of the original's spirit.

It's a shame Craig Charles was tied up with this as Daragh O'Brien has been appalling on Robot Wars. If I wanted to watch someone show no interest or enthusiasm in what they are doing I'll watch one of my kids putting their underwear away.

Agreed I don't think Dara could possibly sound more bored. He has come close to ruining Robot Wars return. Hopefully Craig Charles will be hired for the next series.

I've taken to recording it now and then fast forwarding through the talking gumph and just watching the fights.

Back
Top Bottom