Proposed Miami Street Circuit

It is quite rare to see a car go very far off the ground; I am sure that they will ensure that there is virtually no chane of a car going over the rails. This is the US if A that we are talking about. Remember the race at Indianapolis where there was the threat of legal action by the State if cars were allowed to run with tyres which might have been found to be dangerous. No race organiser is going to risk being prosecuted by a State.

I would rather the circuit be amongst the art deco buildings along the sea front, which look great (we drove down there last year), but the roads aren't suitable for F1.

Yes, it should be a street circuit, especially as they have big wide streets. I gather that got vetoed by the locals. IMSA Miami race in the 1980s used to run down Biscayne Blvd. It was one of the best races of the season. So it looks like it is going to be stadium "parking lot" circuit that briefly runs out onto one public road. That is kind of sad. I did go see the Vegas GP in the parking lot of Caesar's Palace.

I was in Miami in 1995 just before the Indy Race. We got to have a good nose around the cars as they were setting up. It was very much how F1 must have been in the late 70's where the money was starting to come in but it was still very much a cottage industry.

as ive just noticed they are having it in may, which makes 2 things this is highly likely 2020 will be the final Spanish gp, which Is a positive at least circuits not the best but it can be any worse than spain. & 2 why may? they are doing this for publicity & to crack America. they couldn't be doing it in a worse month because month of may is world famous for the indy 500

So it looks like it is going to be stadium "parking lot" circuit

Motorsport.com said:
A track layout which uses mostly car parks and land owned by the stadium, best known as the home of the Miami Dolphins, has been designed.

However, it also includes around half a mile of public roads along Northwest 199th Street, to the south of the stadium.

Why are 'we' so determined to unlearn everything from the past?

as ive just noticed they are having it in may, which makes 2 things this is highly likely 2020 will be the final Spanish gp, which Is a positive at least circuits not the best but it can be any worse than spain. & 2 why may? they are doing this for publicity & to crack America. they couldn't be doing it in a worse month because month of may is world famous for the indy 500

Depending on when in May, that might be supportive as opposed to competitive. Indy is no where near as big as it was in the 1950s and 1960s. But, it would help if the put F1 in downtown Miami where the people are. If you want to build a market, you need to go where the people are. As it is, Miami is one of the three places in the U.S. where there is a market (the others being New York and Southern California), so having a race there is a good choice.

It would be a shame to loose Barcelona though.

Ruslan very true about indycar, but its abit like WEC. more people will know who won indy 500/ le mans 24 than the overall champion. as it a 1 off where people will watch. in uk we had 250,000 for indy 500 but finale was 25,000/30,000

would it be a shame to lose barcelona. we've had 3 good races in 20yrs

Maybe Ruslan . i think the final chicane has made things worse. my barometer is if F2 are entertaining there. then it must the F1 cars if noy its the circuit & barcelona is on circuit list

Yea, I am not sure why that is. If the track is the problem, then a few minor tweaks in the track should correct that. But it seems a shame not to have a Spanish GP.

Personally, I think it was the "Tilking" of the last set of corners before the main straight. It was done allegedly to promote overtaking by slowing the entry into the final corner. I think I preferred it when cars tried to take the last bend as fast as possible. You needed to have proper nuts to get the maximum out of the exit of turn 16.

Back
Top Bottom