Poll Out of Ten: 2015 Canadian Grand Prix

How did you rate the Canadian GP out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How you can rate that a 10 each time is beyond me. He's got more than enough ability to go wheel to wheel with anyone on the grid. When that happens, and he still wins, that's a 10.

You ask how can I rate a 10 for each of Hamilton's wins, and it's beyond you......well that's not my problem. When I give a 10, it's not to say that I believe that it was the most exciting race to have viewed for the day. I'm just very happy for a Lewis win, that's all. I'm hoping for many more wins for Hamilton this season, and be sure the 10's will follow.

When I give a 10, it's not to say that I believe that it was the most exciting race to have viewed for the day. I'm just very happy for a Lewis win, that's all. I'm hoping for many more wins for Hamilton this season, and be sure the 10's will follow.
But that's not exactly rating the race, is it? That's just saying how happy you are that your preferred driver won. Even going by that criterion, what would happen if Hamilton were to come to the next race and be stuck in third gear and yet still win an epic race-long battle with Rosberg, or say Vettel in an improved Ferrari, or what if he had a qualy problem and had to start from the back like Vettel did at Canada, and came through the whole field to win, overtaking his team mate on the last corner of the last lap? I'm not saying either of these are likely to happen but if they did, you'd have nowhere to go with your score.
Is it not possible to be a bit more objective about the race as a whole?

Personally, I feel perfectly entitled to rate the race as a 2.

After all, the prior expectation of Monaco is that it is going to be a boring snooze fest- so when something unexpected happens, it makes it a much more exciting race.

In Montreal, there is the expectation of accidents, overtaking, safety cars etc, so when you get a "dull" Canadian GP, it has failed to live up to expectations, and can expect to be rated in such a way.

I've given it 6. Thankfully we saw quite a lot of the stuff happening up and down the field. I have nothing against Lewis winning again, but watching him drive round unchallenged is dull viewing, so I'm glad we didn't have to. If there had been a scrap at the front I would have given it more points.

Well honestly........:no:

It's not. It's the result. But if the result makes the race for you, fine.

I prefer a race where Hamilton is racing rather than driving. I also like seeing some skillful non DRS assisted overtakes. I miss that.

I dont think the tyres are helping theu were great in 2012 but with the durable tyres & dirty air where driver s are nt allowed to fet close without damaging the tyres has made racing worse & also as big of Lewis fan as I am there nothing wrong with 1 team domination we still talk the mclaren era of 88-91 but thats only when we get equal drivers & title battle. Nico in my opinion doesnt look like on merit he can beat Lewis relying on mistake s

Cue nico to take pole & win in Austria

I never rate races, unless the first three or four can all get along side each other going into the corners and the last of the late brakers makes it through, then it all happens again at the end of the next decent straight, then it's just a race. I don't really care who wins so long as it all occurs on track and not in the pits due to real or imagined problems to change race position of team mates or make the race appear exciting. So for the last 5 years all non rateable and I'm getting on so would need reminders before that, though 2011 Canada could have achieved a 5LOL

Race was a 6. Good drives and some nice battles but DRS ruined it again.

I've been reading and I'm totally of the opinion that the racing is shit now because of the huge, complex and expensive front wings. THEY are the reason we have DRS because there's no other way to overtake these days. You get close to someone...and the front wing washes out and they lose you before you can get close enough for any wheel to wheel racing.

Gary Anderson over on Autosport and Craig Scarborough (from many sites) have written about it and said that if we'd go to a smaller, less complex front wing and allow them to use underbody tunnels, they could keep their downforce without being so sensitive to "dirty air" from the lead car. THEN we could see them get up behind each other and try to make some passes.

Considering that some teams seem to spend tens of millions of dollars on "twiddly bits of carbon fiber" on the front wings, that could also solve some of the cost problems.

Until they fix that, we're stuck with DRS for fake overtaking.

Oh, and I gave it a 5. I'm a HAM fan, but just because he won doesn't make it a good race and I expect much more from Canada.

Back
Top Bottom