Poll Out of Ten: 2015 Canadian Grand Prix

How did you rate the Canadian GP out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think what everyone forgets is that the question posed by the poll is 'how did you rate the Canadian Grand Prix out of 10'

Some people feel the love and others the hate when it comes to certain drivers. That will clearly affect how they rated the race.

An excellent point.

I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does. I stress, it is NOT a Hamilton issue. It's just, having watched various sports over many years, it can't all be a ten. I've come away from dull as dishwater football matches that have been scrappy and boring but glad to have won the game 1-0. There is no way I could rate the game a 10 out of 10 even though my team won.

Brogan I think I have commented on those who have rated the race un-reasonably low in the past as well. I certainly pointed out the bizarre 10's for the Monaco race which seemed to have been awarded because Hamilton didn't win. As far as I'm concerned, a 10 should be reserved for a race that really deserves it. There have been precious few of those in recent years.

I also agree with you Brogan, and as I stated above, there were some things to enjoy in this race with some decent action up and down the field.

I was one of those that gave a 2, it would have been a 1 if it wasn't for the swerving antics of the Ground Hog.

I gave it a six. Vettel, Massa, and to a lesser extent Verstappen, fighting their way through the pack provided some decent racing action and therefore most of the entertainment for the race.

The collision between Stevens and Grosjean also provided some interest. Good on Stevens to complain about the collision and Ro Gro's driving. Just because he's a backmarker in a Marussia doesn't mean people can take liberties!

The Ground Hog with a death wish brought back mental images of a rabbit at Silverstone more than a decade ago, so it's worth a mention, though it doesn't really change my score.

Six, King of Optimism! You know it's not a great race when I end up replying to messages during it, I remember in the good old days when I used to mute people just so I wouldn't be distracted...

My intention for Monaco to score it a 1 was only mitigated by the late hilarity of Mercedes screwing up and the rightful winner looking a sick as a Serena, so I added a 0 to the score - apologies for not taking F1 seriously any more, but F1 ****ing started it!

This week, nothing at the beginning, middle or end to make a 'race' out of the sorry mess, so the 1 stays solitarily on its own - and, no, a Canadian rat-like thing scampering across the track (in energy-saving mode, mind) does not do it.

It was as dull as a big thing called Dull, begat by Mr & Mrs Dull while watching dull F1 in Dullsville.

In terms of weekend 'sport' it ranked behind a dull Womens tennis final and even below a dull football 0-0 draw in Dublin.

In fact, F1 could only get worse if they got rid of Bernie and put Roy Hodgson in charge ..... no, sorry, that's not fair on Roy!

Last edited:
6 - better than Monaco, Vettel was good to watch and the Massa Ericsson thing was tasty. I'm just not buying them trying to convince us Rosberg is 'going to attack' stuff.

Something has started to worry me about F1 though. I missed all motorsport this weekend but had a day off today I decided to use to catch up. For the first time ever in this situation I chose to watch the Formula E, the BRDC F4 and the Euro F3 I had recorded on my Tvo BEFORE the F1. That would have been unthinkable for me before this year. I may have a little moan about the sport but I'm always an optimist and its always my first love. Today though even though i'd seen none of it I thought I knew exactly what was going to happen (I was right) so I watched stuff I couldn't predict instead.

Worry for F1 if even the hardcore fans are becoming lack luster.

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed this one for any number of reasons.

Rather importantly, a GP in one's own Time Zone has extraordinary advantages when it comes to watching the race with food, and indeed beverage.

Not to mention the domination at the front. Truly a thing of beauty.

I've gone for a 5. As it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. I'm still trying to work out if I'm being overly harsh, or overly generous though! I think Spain/Monaco have broken my decentgrandprix-ometer!

the problem appears to eschewed to engine power which stacks it all in favour of Mercedes. So unless the regulations change to allow the engines to be equalised which is high unlikely we are going to see much the same for the rest of the season

Were people complaining in 1988 then when only Mclaren Honda were guaranteed 1-2 pretty much unless a challenge came from Ferrari which was a tame one?

It is not just the dominance of one team or one driver on it's own that is the problem though is it. it is everything else about the sport that makes it shit as well, shit fuel management, shit engine management, shit brake management shit winning the race at the slowest possible speed instead of the fastest, shit DRS overtaking shit battery charging and harvesting, shit penalties for engine failures, shit engine allocation per season, shit engine development restrictions, shit everything which all adds up to shit racing if you can even call it racing anymore.

The only thing that isn't shit but used to be shit are the tyres, the the shit rule about having to use both compounds is shit, even the qualifying format is shit.

I believe Mephistopheles has all three of us beat when it comes to that.

Combined.

I only counted 17 'shit' in his last post. What's the threshold?

It's like the how many triangles do you see game!

Race was a 6. Good drives and some nice battles but DRS ruined it again.

Back
Top Bottom