Poll Out of Ten - 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix

2014 Malaysian Grand Prix Out of Ten

• Total voters
Maybe Merc should petition the FIA to give them the WCC and have whoever comes higher out of Rosberg and Hamilton in the next race as the WDC, then cancel the rest of the season as a cost saving measure. Seems reasonable to me. :thinking:

I give it a soft 5 .... a lot less overtaking than I expected down both chutes in Sepang ... are we seeing the fuel flow / economy negating the additional horsepower and larger DRS slot ?

Maybe we have just been spoiled in the past with sunny, hot, humid, MONSOON, delay, humid, hot, sunny ... to shake up the results here ...

I think we all need to hold steady before we cast judgement.

There are only 5 engines for the entire season; new rules on fuel and its rate of consumption; different tyres; several drivers haven't 'mastered' all the new gadgets; there are a lot of rookies who might or might not cut the mustard, even if they have had a good start; the RBR appeal; the return to European racing; and so on.

Only two races - I've quite enjoyed them so far.

Last edited:
Can't believe there are so many negative comments on here. The new regs have mixed everything up and this forum is still filled with miserable gits. There really is no pleasing some people. :rolleyes:

I think the fact that you were sooooo F1 starved over the winter has left you with slightly rose tinted specs at this stage in the year.

Not denying it has the potential to be good but we've just not seen a race yet.

Or perhaps all the miserable nay sayers on here have been so negative, pessimistic and nit picking for so long that they have forgotten what it is to be an F1 fan and how to enjoy a race, embrace change and revel in the differences.

What exactly was good about tyres which left so much debris on the track that you couldn't go off line, and then they exploded or lost all grip after five laps? I prefer this year's tyres, this year's engines, this year's downforce levels etc.

So far we've only had two races, the first of which saw two major players retire at the beginning, the second on a circuit not known for being the most exciting. I for one am quite optimistic for the season as a whole.

If I watch a crap race then I'm going to say it was a crap race end of, someone saying I'm just a whinger ain't gonna stop me from saying, if looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's ****ing duck.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom