Poll Out of Ten - 2013 Japanese Grand Prix

2013 Japanese Grand Prix Out of Ten

• Total voters
Only just watched it, slight anti climax as I couldn't avoid hearing the winner beforehand so that tainted my viewing but could imagine the tension during the race.

Vettel spoiled his own victory by crying to his team telling them to keep Webber away, It is his biggest flaw. A world champion should be able to defend by himself and not rely on team orders especially when this world championship is hardly in doubt.

I dozed off mid race but the start and end phases were enough to give it a 6. Grosjean has really matured and I'm hoping Lotus have a decent car next year.

Vettel spoiled his own victory by crying to his team telling them to keep Webber away, It is his biggest flaw. A world champion should be able to defend by himself and not rely on team orders especially when this world championship is hardly in doubt.

Erm... he did! Red Bull could frankly have asked Webber to fly to the moon with all the chance they had of him obeying a team order.

In actual fact, he has more of a record of flight than letting team-mates by.

Having looked the timing up on the FIA web site there was no reason to bring Webber in for his first stop. Had he stayed out longer then he might well have won. This is nothing against Vettel, it is about the management of the team.

No, we do not know how Webber's tyres would have lasted, but we do know that up to that point there had been no sign of any problem so there is no reason to think that he could not have done a good few laps after that. He would still had to have got past Grosjean, probably the same way that Vettel did.

I reckon his tyre deg happened because he spent 7 laps trying to overtake Romain I'm not saying if he had gotten passed immediately he would have won but he definitely would have been in contention for the win had he done so...

I'm with Slyboogy. Lotus got completely screwed by not knowing which Red Bull to follow. With Grosjean having a scrubbed set of primes, I think they should have followed Webber's 3 stop and they might just have found Vettel defenceless.

Tyre strategy is not necessarily about making tyres last, it's about best overall time.

My conspiracy theory is that Ricciardo's job was to remove a rearward threat to the Top 3... :p

Also if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

For all we know Webbers pit stop was absolutely on the money and if he'd have stayed out any longer his times would have dropped off and he'd have lost time. A lot of arm chair data analysists see what they want to see.

Had to wait until I watched this one again to vote. I could not have been much more miserable at 2:30 on Sunday morning while watching it the first time. It had already been a long night and the GP only prolonged it. Still only mustered a 6 though.

There was some good racing throughout the field on a great circuit, but there was little satisfaction to be taken from the Red Bull tag-team effort. Webber deserved to be given a fair fight against Vettel (Well, as fair as that fight could ever be....)

We've found some of the people who went missing for Korea, but if there's anyone else out there still sitting on the fence you have until Friday evening to make your mind up!

JAPAN RESULTS

No. Votes: 42

CTA Race of the Year

Score (mean): 6.8
Tiebreak 1 (median): 7
Tiebreak 2 (mode): 8

CTA Most Disputed Race
Score (avg. dev. on median): 1.3
Tiebreak (std. dev. on mean): 1.6

CTA Race of the Year

Back
Top Bottom