Poll Out of ten - 2012 United States Grand Prix

2012 United States Grad Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Oh yeah I forgot to post I gave its a 9 most enjoyable....

Edit

Do forgive me if you think I am being a bit over exuberant in my response it is just that I quite liked the race, although the grey haired guy with the Stetson got on my tits quite a bit....

For once there was racing that wasn't created by the degradation levels of the tyres and drivers falling off the cliff, it felt like actual racing and not just artificial

For once there was racing that wasn't created by the degradation levels of the tyres and drivers falling off the cliff, it felt like actual racing and not just artificial
You are right that tyre deg didnt cause the racing to be so good, but I think the lack of grip from having the "wrong" compounds had the same effect. It meant that there was good racing for the whole race, not just when tyres were at the end of their life.

When there is less grip (either through deg or too hard compounds), wheels spin, cars slide, drivers make mistakes and all of that makes it possible to overtake.

It was the same result from the oppsite end of the spectrum from what we saw at the start of the year for me. It just reinforced my view that when tyres are good, racing is bad.

A 9 from Turn 12 30yards from the apex... excellent race... battles throughout... some excellent scrapping at the end between Senna, Hulkenberg and Maldo that probably went unwatched...

Highly recommend this event as an "almost local" overseas event for you chaps in blighty and Europe...

Great circuit, loads of overtaking, brilliant overtaking, little incidents, genuine on track fight for the lead, no safety car, no tyre deg and so many good drives, all topped off by what seemed to be a pretty amazing atmosphere. -1 for DRS, + 1 for the laughter at another Seb tantrum, - 1 for Horner and Vettel's attitude and + 1 for Kartikheyan's reponse.

The only reason this race hasn't got a 10 is because Brazil 2008 set the benchmark for me.

Superb job Austin!

It was a great race, I'll give it a 9, but I think the jury is out on whether the track will continue to provide great races in years to come when it has bedded in a bit and Pirelli bring the right tyres.

The American fans were excellent but there were also a lot of Mexicans in the crowd. I hope Mexico can get a race soon as they love F1, particularly with Sergio in a race winning car from next year (arguably this year as well ;) )

Edit: On reflection, I'd like to give this a 9, can you change my vote guys?

Better than Abu Dhabi and thanks to ITV I knew the result before turning over >:(

Great to see good quality overtaking throughout the field (Button v Kim and Maldo v Senna were both great).
No safety cars so no artificial bunching of the field... they were racing each other 'naturally'.
No marbles (or was I tired?) so they used the whole track... that's a novelty and probably did more for overtaking than anything we've seen recently.

The only thing I can complain about is the TV feed direction... whoever was in charge needs shooting; he was all over the place. The only slack I'll cut him is that there was a hell of a lot going on.

I felt jaded after AD... not today!

The best thing about that race for me were the existence and consequences of the messages to the McLaren drivers and others. The tyres are fine - you can take as much out of them as you like and they will be good at the end of your race/stint. The drivers were unleashed this weekend and I loved it. So refreshing to see drivers, as James Hunt would say, giving it arseholes!

As above and also I should add that the context of the race in the championship also very much added to its value.

I voted 10 as I could not have hoped for anything more. First time I have watched a race after just having stepped out of 1.5 hrs of competitive kart racing, too. I was sooooo buzzing and had full race head on. I was shouting at the TV, jumping up and down, biting my nails. At points I felt like I was actually in the race. I even made an involuntary steering motion as Hamilton passed Vettel.

I didn't make any steering motions during the race but I did yell a bit when Hamilton made the move on Vettel and I don't really like Hamilton. I was just excited to see good racing up at the front instead of Vettel driving off into the distance.

No safety car - woohoo!

Harder tyres at every circuit please. they should make the current medium tyres the new supersofts.

It was great at last to watch a race, whereas tires falling off a cliff, weren't the drivers main concern, and finally race against each other in anger for an entire race.

Great idea Chad Stewarthill.......harder tires at every circuit!

Back
Top Bottom