Only 5 races in Western Europe on the calendar

Which 5 Western Europe races do you want on the calendar

• Total voters

Il_leone

World Champion
Bernie is rumoured to be saying he wants to have a 20 races calendar and expanding to other parts of the world with Russia already agreed

He also says Western Europe is finished as the main destination for the F1 circus and will only host 5 races

Bernie....... also says Western Europe is finished as the main destination for the F1 circus and will only host 5 races

His dream and, hopefully, his demise - history is an important part of the series and he forgets that in the constant chase of wonga.

The only ones I would miss off are Valencia and Hungary (not really Western Europe)

In my mind the five that will stay will hopefully be:

The British Grand Prix
The Monaco Grand Prix
The Belguim Grand Prix
The Italian Grand Prix
and
The Hungarain Grand Prix.

Not to fussed about F1 in Spain. It might stay though cause of the Fernando thing. But i couldn't care less about Catalunya and Valencia been on the calendar both races are dire. Really want Turkey back on the calendar and i don't think i'm the only one.

What saddens me is that what Bernie is say will turn into a reality and very soon i reckon. Sad thing is alot of the F1 teams are based in Europe and i have to go back to say what i said a while ago. I can see an awful lot of teams packing up their gear and moving East and setting bases up there as F1 team bosses and principals will just get fed up with all the travelling and would like less Journey time.

Ideally, there would be numerous ones, but my choice came down to this:

Definitely:
Britain
Italy
Monaco
Belgium

Maybe:
France
Germany

I chose France over Germany but I would be happy with 6 instead of 5!
I don't care about Spanish races, and I class anything east of Germany, Austria and Italy to be Eastern Europe.

Britain, Italy and Monaco will definitely stay.

However, I find the races there 90% of the time quite boring.

France and Germany for me should always be on the calendar. I don't know why.

Then there's Spa, I believe questions don't need to be asked why :).

If we class Western Europe as what is shown on the Risk board game we would have GB, France, Spain and Italy. As far as I'm concerned once you get past Greece then you're into Eastern Europe. There are 7 races in the Western Calendar so once Valencia is dumped we only have to lose one race to make it 5.

The tough question is which race to lose?

Oh how I do hope that Bernie falls of his perch sooner rather than later... All those people who say "but he's a racer at heart" are idiots. Actions speak louder than words, they say.

Britain, Belgium, Italy and Monaco choose themselves. Of the remaining choices I went for the Dutch race, on the condition that they take it back to Zandvoort.

Barcelona

Definitely my preferred choice but with Santander and Alonso I don't think it will be going anytime soon. The unfortunate reality would be a shared race between Germany and Belgium.

GB, Italy and Monaco are far too established as the historic home races of F1 and I can't see any fans of GB or Italy allowing Bernie to take their race away. Monaco no matter how dull or dangerous will always be on the calendar.

Monaco no matter how dull or dangerous will always be on the calendar.

Oh I don't know, just watching those guys dancing 700 horsepower cars through the streets of Monte Carlo is worth watching. The first time I saw Lewis Hamilton driving that circuit still rates as one of the best moments of the last five years in F1.

It's always tough to decide which circuits in Europe we'd like to keep. Other than Monaco, Spa, Monza and Silverstone. None of the others are really fans favourites and must will pick between Germany and France. Outta the two i'd say Germany needs F1 more than France but you can't deny the fact that France needs to be considered.

While it is called Grand Prix Motor Racing, there has to be a French Grand Prix. There has to be. Monza is also important.

Also, there must be more than 5 GPs in Western Europe...

While it is called Grand Prix Motor Racing, there has to be a French Grand Prix. There has to be. Monza is also important.

Also, there must be more than 5 GPs in Western Europe...

Why should there be a French GP? Especially if no-one wants to host it! Magny Cours was dull, Paul Ricard was often dull (After 1986 anyway)...

I have been a long believer that F1 is a WORLD championship - and so should visit destinations around the world. Western Europe makes up a small part of the world, so any self-respecting world championship should be based all over the world!

Not voting on this one as this is just Bernie's quote of the week. Anyone remember the medel system or the sprinklers? Guy loves to get press coverage.

Why should there be a French GP? Especially if no-one wants to host it! Magny Cours was dull, Paul Ricard was often dull (After 1986 anyway)...

I have been a long believer that F1 is a WORLD championship - and so should visit destinations around the world. Western Europe makes up a small part of the world, so any self-respecting world championship should be based all over the world!

I think that it was unfortunate that a european course like San Marino, whereas some fans climbed trees in order to watch a race, being placed on the chopping block, for tracks located at Bahrain, Korea and Turkey which may have 6 people in their grandstands.

Off topic but on topic - a Hungarian friend of mine get's very upset if her country is referred to as "Eastern Europe" and prefers central Europe. Germany, France, the UK etc, are west. The Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary,etc., are central. The Ukraine, Russia (west of the Urals), Belarus etc. are east.

eunewneb.gif

Back
Top Bottom