Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Okay 2008 was a bad choice I should have realized it would upset people so I'll swap it for Damon Hill 1994 surely everyone can agree on that..

And as I said I do not like the double points shit but people probably didn't read past my mention 2008 before getting their knickers in a twist, my bad.

Edit

The only reason I mentioned 2008 is because everyone else keeps going on about Massa being world champion for so many seconds and so it sticks in the memory but I don't expect any of you to believe that, you will all just believe I was trying to stir the shit but looking at your posts I will change my comment to Hamilton was nearly robbed of the title due to the weather in 2008...

Last edited:
I read your whole post and I stick by my unfortunate/natural events vs contrived bring in the crowds crap
So do I that's why I said the double points system is shit, or didn't you read that bit? But it isn't quite as shit as one driver taking out another driver on purpose just to win the championship as Schumacher did and indeed as Senna did and who knows with double points to grab it may even tempt Nico or Lewis to try the same thing.

Edit

And I don't believe having double points will make the slightest difference as to encouraging people watch the race it may even have the opposite effect..

Last edited:
I did read it Meph, I didn't think you were saying it's not shit. What I thought you were saying is double points or no double points the last race has often thrown up travesties.

I was merely saying I don't think they are comparable to double points.

Senna and Schumacher had a win at all costs attitude, Hamilton and Rosberg (unless you're in the cheater at Monaco camp) don't have it in them to deliberately take the other out. If they do it'll be through stupidity and more likely to be Hamilton causing it.

Unfortunate for Hamilton, he's 14 points behind tomorrow. I think he'll finish around 6th (behind Rosberg, the Red Bulls and both Williams. Meaning he'll 31 points behind at Spa with 8 races remaining. It's still do-able but if this keeps up the tide of bad luck will be too much to overturn.

1406380743.jpg

:givemestrength:

Last edited:
I'm not sure actually... when you look at the last four or five Grand Prix it seems reliability problems, not just the terminal ones, are accumulating for Mercedes, and we're only just at the halfway point.
At this stage of the season engine and gearbox reliabilty are bound to become more critical, and we haven't even gone to the real power circuits yet like Spa and Monza.
It maybe that one or both drivers will experience some kind of reliability problems at most week-ends for the season's remainder, so there's no reason think Nico will be spared them anymore than Lewis. It could all change very quickly...

I am revising my assessment, Lewis is still cursed but I think there is a lot of evidence that the team is treating him like a reserve driver. His pit stops are always longer than Nico's, the strategy calls from the pit wall are generally worse than the ones for Nico and Lewis's car isn't screwed together as well as Nico's.

ever since Nico did that stunt at Monaco someone has decided the luck should fall his way

- i wonder if Lewis is having second thoughts signing a new deal now

Back
Top Bottom